Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a guy going across the intersection in a red Skittle, LOUD BOV and turbo, he saw me at the light, pointed to his buddy, I gave him the 'ol thumbs up out the window, he gave me a nice smile, a nod, and took off. Different than the show off I was [email protected]!

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Saw a guy going across the intersection in a red Skittle, LOUD BOV and turbo, he saw me at the light, pointed to his buddy, I gave him the 'ol thumbs up out the window, he gave me a nice smile, a nod, and took off. Different than the show off I was [email protected]!
Red Skittle was behind me one day I moved over and he showed off that awesome sounded stock exhaust. I pulled next to him smiled and nodded and he nodded back then took off.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The SRT community in my town is A) small and b) pretentious. I don't get any nods. However, I don't think a lot of people out here in the boonies have figured out what a Redline is. I've gotten a lot of dumb stares from people that I tell I have a Saturn . . . a fast one. Maybe there'll be more in Florida (redlines and skittles alike)

On a side note, anybody know just why they're called Skittles anyway? I mean, I've never heard a definitive answer . . . j/w.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I see plenty. There are about 3 performance shops in very close proximity around here, and there are a few skittles that are always coming and going

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aeain said:
Red Lines aren't fast, they are quick.
That's all subjective... I would tend to agree with you though. If you've never had, or been something truly FAST though, this thing would seem like it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
They're quick compared to other makes of cars, but for saturns they're damn fast.

Either way, why the hell are SRT's called skittles? Please?

·
Registered
243 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
They're quick compared to other makes of cars, but for saturns they're damn fast.

Either way, why the hell are SRT's called skittles? Please?
Because they come in bright, pretty colors! Just like Skittles.

Thats my take on it anyway. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In Houston, I see more SRT-4s than Redlines. I even had one SRT-4 playing with my regular Ion. I can't wait for my Black Redline, 8 months to wait and no one expects it because they are so rare. The only recent RL I've seen is a demo car at Saturn Dealership. It's exactly the car I like to own: black exterior and fully loaded. I need to control myself, getting to anxious to drive a RL now.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nero said:
Because they come in bright, pretty colors! Just like Skittles.

Thats my take on it anyway. I could be wrong.

I think there was something else too, something about the shape? Or the way they did something... I can't remember now...

Edited: This is where I got it from:
Colin said:
For JPK a Skittle?? is a Dodge Neon SRT-4 (2.4liter turbo) . the word skittle is b/c of the fruity colors they come in. stay away from the silver skittles LOL good stuff

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
That whole "pretty colors" thing was what I was thinking, so I guess that works. Are there blue skittles though? I could just be really over thinking this one :eek: I like it though. when do we get an amusing nickname for our cars so I can stop calling it just "the redline"?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My buddies call it a Splaturn... cause that's what happens to you in a plastic car when you get rammed by a Camaro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts