Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Got a smile and a nod from a modded Skittle today...

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  crzyprazer316 
#1 ·
Saw a guy going across the intersection in a red Skittle, LOUD BOV and turbo, he saw me at the light, pointed to his buddy, I gave him the 'ol thumbs up out the window, he gave me a nice smile, a nod, and took off. Different than the show off I was expecting@!

#2 ·
Sp00ner said:
Saw a guy going across the intersection in a red Skittle, LOUD BOV and turbo, he saw me at the light, pointed to his buddy, I gave him the 'ol thumbs up out the window, he gave me a nice smile, a nod, and took off. Different than the show off I was expecting@!
Red Skittle was behind me one day I moved over and he showed off that awesome sounded stock exhaust. I pulled next to him smiled and nodded and he nodded back then took off.

#3 ·
The SRT community in my town is A) small and b) pretentious. I don't get any nods. However, I don't think a lot of people out here in the boonies have figured out what a Redline is. I've gotten a lot of dumb stares from people that I tell I have a Saturn . . . a fast one. Maybe there'll be more in Florida (redlines and skittles alike)

On a side note, anybody know just why they're called Skittles anyway? I mean, I've never heard a definitive answer . . . j/w.

#7 ·
Aeain said:
Red Lines aren't fast, they are quick.
That's all subjective... I would tend to agree with you though. If you've never had, or been something truly FAST though, this thing would seem like it.

#8 ·
They're quick compared to other makes of cars, but for saturns they're damn fast.

Either way, why the hell are SRT's called skittles? Please?

#10 ·
In Houston, I see more SRT-4s than Redlines. I even had one SRT-4 playing with my regular Ion. I can't wait for my Black Redline, 8 months to wait and no one expects it because they are so rare. The only recent RL I've seen is a demo car at Saturn Dealership. It's exactly the car I like to own: black exterior and fully loaded. I need to control myself, getting to anxious to drive a RL now.

#11 · (Edited)
Nero said:
Because they come in bright, pretty colors! Just like Skittles.

Thats my take on it anyway. I could be wrong.

I think there was something else too, something about the shape? Or the way they did something... I can't remember now...

Edited: This is where I got it from:
Colin said:
For JPK a Skittle?? is a Dodge Neon SRT-4 (2.4liter turbo) . the word skittle is b/c of the fruity colors they come in. stay away from the silver skittles LOL good stuff

#12 ·
That whole "pretty colors" thing was what I was thinking, so I guess that works. Are there blue skittles though? I could just be really over thinking this one :eek: I like it though. when do we get an amusing nickname for our cars so I can stop calling it just "the redline"?

#13 ·
My buddies call it a Splaturn... cause that's what happens to you in a plastic car when you get rammed by a Camaro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.