Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even joking. Regular, V6 VUE. Nothing extra or special in the appearance. The guy comes up and starts doing the gas punches and nudging ahead to let me know he's not just trying to pass, he wants to race. So I'm thinking, "Yeah right. Let's go buddy."

There was a red light about 50 yards up so we line up at it. When it turns green, this dude takes off like a rocket. He quickly pulled a half a car on me and by the time I hit third he was a whole car lenght in front of me. We had a nice clear road in front of us so we kept it up. I finally started to pull on him and pass him at about 95 mph. After that I slowed down so he could catch up and we'd go from a roll but I guess he didn't wanna do that.

Next light we come to, same thing. He pulls ahead and stays there until about 96 mph and then I pull and pass him pretty quick.

I never got a chance to talk to the guy but he had to of had some extra goodies on that thing. It shocked the hell out of me. Now I know how people feel when I beat them and they are not expecting it from a Saturn. :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
dont let the vue fool ya they quick man they a pretty light SUV with some good hp/tq levels it could have been a vue redline debadged and the front grill taken out ;) watch out for em!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
cvenom2122 said:
dont let the vue fool ya they quick man they a pretty light SUV with some good hp/tq levels it could have been a vue redline debadged and the front grill taken out ;) watch out for em!
It was NOT a Red Line Vue. It had the normal V6 rims, was NOT lowered and no ground fx at all. My wife used to drive a reg. V6 VUE and it looked exactly like this one. Only hers was not near as fast. She had the '03 with like 190 HP. The '05 V6's all come with the 250 HP honda motor.

Wait a sec? Honda motor = instant aftermarket.....that may help explain it. :p

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
beat by a saturn that sucks for you ya loser. I was looking at one toady. very nice.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess if you count the entire race you could say I won.

However, I know that we had already done a quarter mile by the time I finally pulled ahead of him.

I was very shocked. Today, I had to smoke a Mercedes E320 to feel better about myself.

It was an older man driving and he was on my ass and passing me and then slowing down and shit. I finally met him at a light and beat him by about 2 car lenghts by the time I was in third.

Hey, at least I beat the $60K car!!!!! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah I had a kill too in my wife's 04 Vue, hers is a FWD with 250 V6 and the FWD is a about 200lbs lighter than the AWD. These two compact cars were looking too race each other and they were revig up there engines and all that and I was in the outside lane and they were not even paying attention to me and then the light when green and I took off like a bat out of hell and left them in the dust they would have never though this Vue would kick both their asses. I think one the cars was a souped up nissan sentra spec-V and the other one was a newer V6 accord coupe.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yup!! we own 2 redlines and a fwd v6 vue. that vue moves real good for a suv!!! i was shocked when my wife brought it home and i drove it for the first time. i stepped on the gas and said holy shit this things got some balls!!! and being a honda motor the potential is definatly there to do lots of fun things to it!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
The reason you caught him at 96 mph is he cant go over 100 the govenor wont let him.:)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John said:
The reason you caught him at 96 mph is he cant go over 100 the govenor wont let him.:)

:eek:

What are the possibilities that this thing was stock? I was thinking no way, but after hearing you guys talk about how quick they are...............

It sucks getting beat by an SUV and my car is not stock either. I test drove an RL VUE and I don't remember it being as fast or faster than the Ion RL. :confused:

·
Registered
808 Posts
They are about a 1/2 second slower than us but they really dont spin the tires any on launch. So that gives them an advantage on the launch.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My sister has an '04 AWD V6 VUE. Granted it is peppy, but I can't believe you lost. That is just horrible. But like everyone said, at 95 mph the ECU starts to shut down fuel. I can go from 60 to 90 mph in her car faster than I can go 95 to 100 mph in the thing. That is why you caught him.

Also, the Redline Ion is well over a second faster in the quarter mile. Seeing how the V6 VUE runs mid to high 15's...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yeah, it must've been all launch that did it. one tried to keep me from passing on the on-ramp after putzing along, needless to say it didn't work out for him...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, this guy was avoiding pulling up and driving along side of me like he knew I would take him from a roll. He'd just hang back until we came up on a light. He only wanted to go from a stop. And you guys are right, there was NO tire screech or anything, he just floored it and launched like a mother fucker.

Anyhow, this thing was pretty damn fast and I'm still not convinced it was completely stock because I am not and still got beat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
dude how can it beat u... the redlines r quicker than the vues....do u kno how to drive? sumtin jus isnt rite here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.