Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Were you using 3rd or 4th gear? Also, were you the one who installed the progress springs on the Redline? If so did you ever get pics?

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
nice, i never get sick of seeing the dyno graphs, can't wait to see what PSI's will look like!

does she have the intake mod done?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
This engine IS a work of art. But it's still building power when it smacks that rev limiter :confused: Oh well though, it's still a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'd rather have it build power 'till redline than start to drop off towards the end

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is it at full throttle from the start of the run?

If so, holy cow that thing is lean up to 3250 ish rpm :eek: It goes from real lean at the bottom to real rich at the top end.

God the factory tune is horrible in these cars......

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We did pulls in both 3rd and 4th gear. Power difference was +/-6hp. The pull I posted was done in 3rd.

The only "power" mod done was the stock airbox removal (aka the Welfare Racing CAI).

I don't believe the car was at WOT at the very start of the run.

My friend and I installed the springs ourselves, but haven't had a chance to take pics as of yet. I do have a video of the dyno that I'll post tonight, and you'll be able to see how much lower it is now.

All this car needs is a good tune with a bumped limiter. :p

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry to go off on topic. I heard those Progress springs dropped in without any modifications, is that true? Do you feel they are stiffer than stock? I like progress more than sprints, so I was thinking about going that route. However, I don't want to mess up the handling by switch to a weaker spring...

Tom

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Progress springs went in without any problems at all. No modifications, no headaches. Piece of cake. They are stiffer than stock, and it's a very comfortable ride. It's just about perfect, in my opinion.

·
Registered
416 Posts
linenoyz said:
The Progress springs went in without any problems at all. No modifications, no headaches. Piece of cake. They are stiffer than stock, and it's a very comfortable ride. It's just about perfect, in my opinion.
where can we get the progress springs and how much? the sprint ones are like $135 shipped on ebay.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
Sorry to go off on topic. I heard those Progress springs dropped in without any modifications, is that true? Do you feel they are stiffer than stock? I like progress more than sprints, so I was thinking about going that route. However, I don't want to mess up the handling by switch to a weaker spring...

Tom
Why are progress better than sprint springs?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wouldn't trust those A/F readings 100% either.

I saw your video, and they were using a tailpipe sniffer for the dyno, right? Those are never all that accurate. If you want 100% accuracy, they need to be using a wideband. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DanM said:
I wouldn't trust those A/F readings 100% either.

I saw your video, and they were using a tailpipe sniffer for the dyno, right? Those are never all that accurate. If you want 100% accuracy, they need to be using a wideband. :)
That was using a wideband O2 reader out of the tailpipe. It's pretty accurate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts