Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2004 350z Enthusiast Edition. 6spd MT, trac control, crusie, hids, homelink, VLSD....Also the owner had 2 10" JL audio subs, media receiver unit, 18" wheels with hubcentric spacers, and Viper Autostart alarm (disabled autostart). Its a VQ35DE with 32k miles WOOT WOOT. My redline has now 121k miles still running strong needs a few things but figured employee perks and pricing i got it for under $15k with 3yr bumper to bumper!!!

Heres some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
is that a fucking EGA sticker on your redline...?

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that a fucking EGA sticker on your redline...?
Yuppp. My bestfriend of 24+ yrs served 4 yrs and is ranked a Srgt Now is currently reserves now. Is there a problem with my sticker? lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Those Z cars are always so expensive. 32kmiles is not bad for that price though considering I see some for 12k at 100k miles. I will be getting a new car here soon to. Been eyeing a 2011 Saab lately.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yuppp. My bestfriend of 24+ yrs served 4 yrs and is ranked a Srgt Now is currently reserves now. Is there a problem with my sticker? lol
thats motivating... XD i did 5 yrs active and got out as a sgt, im not doing the reserve thing atm though. college has priority.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! How does the 350 compare to the RL?
Hey bro nice looking car, Is it quicker than the RL?
Totally 2 different cars i love the way it handles but the redline has alil more acceleration but the raw power and sound of that V6 is AMAZING!! I want to line them up or roll them have a friend drive the redline then swap and ill drive the redline see how they compare. It deff gets alot more attention from everybody tho.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Nice purchase. Pick up a cheap used turbo setup for like $3k and have some fun. We turbo'd my friends 03 G35 with a 60-1 on 10lbs and 91 for now and it makes 400whp. Ran pretty much right next to my TVS redline.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice purchase. Pick up a cheap used turbo setup for like $3k and have some fun. We turbo'd my friends 03 G35 with a 60-1 on 10lbs and 91 for now and it makes 400whp. Ran pretty much right next to my TVS redline.
Yah i dont wanna spend alot on it right now im tryin to save to move out again after dropping $1200 to break my lease on my apartment a few months ago. Its a fun car gets alot of attention and sounds amazing stock, think i might get a magnaflow get some sound then go from there kinda go small like i did with my redline. Might end up selling the RL next summer well see.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Yah i dont wanna spend alot on it right now im tryin to save to move out again after dropping $1200 to break my lease on my apartment a few months ago. Its a fun car gets alot of attention and sounds amazing stock, think i might get a magnaflow get some sound then go from there kinda go small like i did with my redline. Might end up selling the RL next summer well see.
Damn priorities lol. If you end up boosting it, just don't push it too hard because the VQ's love to throw rods (any nissan really lol), especially the DE's. Most guys don't like to push much over 400whp because you start playing with fire. Even the HR's 450whp seems to be the higher end of the "safe" numbers.

And yes, VQ's sound awesome. My mom's old 08 FX35 sounded great completely stock and even with a quieter exhaust than the Z/G.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn priorities lol. If you end up boosting it, just don't push it too hard because the VQ's love to throw rods (any nissan really lol), especially the DE's. Most guys don't like to push much over 400whp because you start playing with fire. Even the HR's 450whp seems to be the higher end of the "safe" numbers.

And yes, VQ's sound awesome. My mom's old 08 FX35 sounded great completely stock and even with a quieter exhaust than the Z/G.
I know sucks! Buy im glad i found this Z at my work for the price and mileage and everything. I already got small things added already but yah ive been reading on the Z forums bout boost vs n/a and alot of guys barely make it to 100k miles boosted lol. My redline has became my back up car tho.

Yes the VQ's do sound great ive always loved the sound its very distinct like subarus lol

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
It IS distinct, but the difference is it doesn't sound like a constant misfire like a subaru, it is a good distinct :lol:

I say boost it and let it ride, can always build it stronger if it breaks :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i think subies sound like a damn boat unless they're at WOT. XD

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I like how they sound when the put an equal length header on lol. Nah I don't mind the subie sound as much as I used to.

VQ's just sound great all around though.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes i think they have one of the best sounds at least for a 6 cylinder STOCK but even with exhaust they sound amazing to!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts