Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While taking my RL to the dealership for the replacement of the camshaft sensor housing seal recall yesterday the local Satty dealership called Enterprise to hook me up with a rental for the day. Well as irony should prevail they gave me a fucking neon. A base as base could be neon. I drove it home and parked it. They called after four hours of twidling my thumbs and on my way to pick up my car low and behold a black RL that I have never seen before rolls up next to me. With the tinted windows I have no idea who is driving so what the hey I'll mess with him. I gunned it(speaking losely) and two seconds later bam good bye RL. On my ricer fly by I gave him a thumbs up. I have waited all day to see if who ever it was would post this kill on this forum but no luck. I was going to clown on their ass. Anyway I got the new calibration with this recall and I kid you not it seems that with every visit to the dealership my car gets faster.




P.S. the service guys said I have less than a month left on my tires (WOT way to much) and if it rains I'll probably hydroplain and die. I need tires but would like to see if I can get them for less than $450. Any suggestions?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
ohh man thats great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,868 Posts
No suggestions, nbuddle. you're fucked, unless you want to downgrade tires. SP9000's are expensive. The only thing I can say is that my buddy's dad owns a tire shop up here that can get tires decently inexpensive and I can ask him what he can do; I'll be in Florida in a week. But yeah, after 4000 miles my tires already have 1/4 of their tread gone, damn soft things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,868 Posts
Well I'll talk to my buddy's dad and see what he can do; just 2 tires, or all 4? I'll see him tomorrow, and after I speak with him I'll send you a PM letting you know if you're interested. He got my 4 tires for my Firebird for $400 and they were pretty damn good tires (I'll make sure to ask for O.E. here though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
dood, there are so many tires way better than the SP9000's and are alot cheaper. Don't buy the Dunlop pieces of shit agian..Buy something worth it for the money like BFgoodrich KDW or Gforce sports or Falken Azenis. ALL COST LESS AND GRIP 34234324x more than the SP9000's. The SP's are the worst tire i have ever had! by far the worst..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Get some Toyo's... I know a place you can get them for a really great price.

I got 255/40/R17's on the back of my Mustang and I paid 125 each for them. I consider that a bargain. They'd probably be much cheaper for your car. What are the tire sizes for a redline?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Almost New Tires

nbuddle1974 said:
no shit I need tires bad I literally have no tread. They might as well be racing slicks.
I believe that Mase was selling his old tires, now that he has 18" Passions. You may want to try PMing him to see if they are still available.

Here's the thread:
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1843

I hope that this helps. Best Regards! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
No suggestions, nbuddle. you're fucked, unless you want to downgrade tires. SP9000's are expensive. The only thing I can say is that my buddy's dad owns a tire shop up here that can get tires decently inexpensive and I can ask him what he can do; I'll be in Florida in a week. But yeah, after 4000 miles my tires already have 1/4 of their tread gone, damn soft things.
Holy crap man, you already have 4k on your RL?? I think I've had mine for at least a month longer than you...maybe more, and I still have under 2k...and you're going to FL too...I hope you have the 15,000 mile/year plan on your lease.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Dunlops are not exactly crap. The SP Sport A2s that i had were amazing for all weather. True, the car had less power than this one, but I could floor it in the rain or light snow, and hardly slip at all. Perhaps the ones that we have stock are not the best, it's a matter of who's giving the best deal to GM to fit their appoximate needs. I'd rather have the Dunlops than the Continentals that were supposed to come on the car...
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Also heard lots of good things about those....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
04azuremach said:
Try these!!
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/tires-n-parts/Items/197150?

I've got 255/40/R17's on my car and they work great! If I can get traction with over 350 BTQ then they should work out great for you.

There. Now don't say I never did anything to help.
04azuremach,
What was the stock size tire that came on your wheels? I'm curious how much over (stock) width you went without any problems. I suppose an extra 10mm is no big deal, but wonder if going wider than that is something to be concerned about. The RL's stock tire is P215/45 ZR17.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
I've heard good n bad about Nitto's anyone else know if they're good tires? I know they're somewhat inexpensive (atleast around here) Also this may be a ricer's tire Yokohama but those are somewhat inexpensive too. I was informed that the Dunlops are made of a softer compound which explains their good grip but also their <18,000 tread life. Let us know what you decide to get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
jmichna said:
04azuremach,
What was the stock size tire that came on your wheels? I'm curious how much over (stock) width you went without any problems. I suppose an extra 10mm is no big deal, but wonder if going wider than that is something to be concerned about. The RL's stock tire is P215/45 ZR17.
Stock tires on the Mach1 are the same as the GT Premium. 245/45ZR17 Eagle ZR45's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
TXRLU said:
I've heard good n bad about Nitto's anyone else know if they're good tires? I know they're somewhat inexpensive (atleast around here) Also this may be a ricer's tire Yokohama but those are somewhat inexpensive too. I was informed that the Dunlops are made of a softer compound which explains their good grip but also their <18,000 tread life. Let us know what you decide to get.

Stay away from Nitto's unless it never rains near ya. One drop of rain and its hyrdoplane city... I'm talking about the 555's here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
I like TOYO Proxies, There taxed, But worth every dime to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
you should look into continentals conti-extreme contact tire...had them on my old fox body...they were excellent in the rain...and hooked on dry pavement as well...if i werent retarded...i would have put them on my 99gt...but instead i have the fuzion zri's...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top