Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Michigan guys. I'm curious about the whole Gratiot thing. I haven't wondered out there at all before, but I will be this summer. A good friend of mine goes out there often with his Z28, so I'll probably be joining him. But what I'm wondering is what is the atmosphere of Gratiot on the weekends? Are there always a lot of cars just cruising on the weekends? What time do people start cruising, and when do they usually end and draw out for the night? I guess I'm kind of wondering if it's like a mini dream cruise every weekend, because that would be pretty cool. Is there usually a lot of traffic that gets in the way? And are there a lot of cops up and down? If so, do they like busting people a lot? (I'm sure they do.) I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm just wondering what it's all about, since I haven't made it over there yet.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I haven't been down there for a few years but last time I went there were quite a few cars cruising around, a lot of cops too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Its basicly a rolling car show

·
Registered
187 Posts
Gratiot has good mix of nice looking cars and asshold drivers with nothing else to do.. If i go out there, its usually around10 or 10;30 pm, how long i stay depends on who i meet out there. there are a lot of cops, but as long as you're not lighting your tires up or trying to race everyone they dont usually hassle you.

Im going to have to check out woodward one night, all the woodward people let me know when you go out.

-kris

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hey everyone. Sorry it took so long to get this on here. Umpooter broken.

Yeah so Gratiot is deffinatly a rolling car show. I go out there as often as I can. You see alot of familiar faces after a while and the parking lot meets are always informative. I've met some really cool people out there. But I have met just as many Ass holes too. The kids that have to whip in and out of traffic and race everyone. A few of them have caused some bad accidents. But the good people always send them packing. Or the cops pull them over with one stratigically placed phone call.

All in all Gratiot is definatly the place to cruise on the east side. I myself have never cruised Woodward.

If anyone is up for a Gratiot or Woodward meet Post it here. I am always free. I have already met a few people from the forum and look forward to meeting more of you.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im mobbing gratiot tomarrow after the team hayasa meet and the runs

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Can't let the Michigan crew get off the active topic page can we? BUMP

OK So, anyone heading out tonight? I am free for the evening, this is recent. The car is washed and detailed for the most part. I just have to mail my taxes (I had to pay this year, $47, so that is the reason for the delay) and do some errands, after that I am all about meeting up.

Tenative Plan for 15APr05:
10:00 K-Mart parking lot. SE corner of Gratiot and Frazo. Behind Rite Aid (or Wallgreen's, I can't remember but there is a pharmacy there none the less).

The ussual route of Gratiot between Frazo and 12 Mile is where I will be.

Who is in:
dipolley aka Dave
GM3Saturn = Maybe

·
Registered
535 Posts
I may show

·
Registered
187 Posts
i might take a run out for a lil, but i wont be out there long i have plans tonight, dave if you want to hit up waves i will prolly be there again tonight

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
paintedblack said:
i might take a run out for a lil, but i wont be out there long i have plans tonight, dave if you want to hit up waves i will prolly be there again tonight
Where is Waves that at again, I forget. I might go, I have to catch a flight at 9 am tmrw.

·
Registered
187 Posts
waves is on jefferson between 9 and 10 mile. Tonight there is some kind of cruise in and wild woodies on 14 and gratiot

·
Registered
810 Posts
whats up guys, im from the flint area. Ill deff be down there, has anyone been to the flint cruise?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts