Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone interested in doing another track day sometime in the next month or so? i'm thinking i can pull some better times with the torque brace, and i'll be hooking up the water/alky injection kit soon so i want to test them out.

possible dates are as follows:

June 28 Tue Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm
June 29 Wed Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm
July 5 Tue Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm
July 6 Wed Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm
July 17 Sun Fun Racing Open for all 9am- 5pm
July 19 Tue Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm
July 20 Wed Fun Racing Open for all 6pm -11pm

seems like sundays are pretty busy from here out, and i doubt i'll be able to make it on the 17th as it's the weekend she's having a bridal shower (i've got to drop her off and pick her up, etc.)

pretty much any tuesday or wednesday works, i left out the 12th because it's my birthday.

shedule pretty much keeps the above pattern through summer, but these are all days in the next month, if we want to push it back, no problem by me.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Werd... I think I'm picking up the Gtech this afternoon, so once I recover from that chunk of money, I'm down, not like it costs much to race anyway... I should even have the pool and yard set up by then...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sp00ner said:
Werd... I think I'm picking up the Gtech this afternoon, so once I recover from that chunk of money, I'm down, not like it costs much to race anyway... I should even have the pool and yard set up by then...
are you still going to order the alky kit?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'd like to. No question about it. I'm trying to wait on the Aeroforce gauge, but it seems like more waiting is going to be in order to get the most out of it. So it looks like this, and then that. Not sure about the exact order of things at this point. I need to slip some Corvette suspension and brake work in there as well, but its pretty cheap. $250 for a full 4-brake caliper and rotor kit, along with new steel rear, and steel braided front lines for the Vette. $160 core charge though too. The full suspension bushing kit for it is about the same price too, so I need $500 in there to get the Vette's suspension back in order, plus the core.

The Gtech is $300, the Alky kit is $300, the exhust is around $300... man... damn cars!

The order I'd like to do is get the Gtech, since I can do both cars with it, and I need some info on the Vette, I can get numebrs on the Redline out the ass, but I have NO idea where the Vette is sitting right now. Then I'd like to get the brakes for the Vette, since that's a nice easy install and not too expensive. THEN the next thing for the Satty, at that point it's going to depend on costs. I'm trying to get this Vette out the door this year, but I don't think it's gonna happen at this rate. If I did that, I'd have a BUNCH of play money for the Camaro and the Saturn, and whatever the next old car is. I'd like to find either an old Camaro or a Chevelle.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
both excellent choices! pre-70's camaro i hope (?-81 bodystyle)...

i've got the alky kit coming, i thought it was a good choice after reading tons of reviews stating as it's basically like a steam clean for your engine 24/7 and increases reliability. after that i'm not sure where i want to go. i'd like to upgrade the exhaust, that's for sure, but i want to get a nice setup, with a nice muffler and not have to switch if i don't like it. probably going with Dynamax for that, so it won't be too much, but then again i really want to get in on the PSI kit's initial order (going to have to do some serious ass kissing if it's out before the wedding) just to make it cheaper for me in the long run. after the wedding, i'm going to definitely have the PSI kit and exhaust taken care of, but my next step is going to be tires for next year, and i'm not cheaping out (not to mention i'll be needing winter tires/rims this year as well). damn cars is right!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would be looking for a '69 Camaro SS, but the chances of finding one that I can afford, and still in decent shape, is very slim. So, who knows. I keep an open mind when looking for older cars, you never know what you'll find. I know someone right now that's selling a '71 Camaro, that's kinda desperate, but I can't fit another car in the garage!

I'm gonna hit up the Borla muffler soon enough, with the intercooled tip, :cool: and I'll have to figure out a good resonator to keep the sound right. I can handle a slightly ricey exhaust, if it gives me some power, and as long as it's SLIGHTLY ricey.

Alky sounds good, I'm a little worried about the warranty issues with that though. Something goes wrong in the engine, and I won't have the money to get a lawyer to fight the denial of warranty. I'm not concerned about the injection itself causing a problem, just a general engine issue that gets blamed on my injection.

I have to see what's in the Psi-Fi kit... I'm back and forth with it. Some good dynos would help. Alot. If the injectors are not running out with people swapping the pulley and popping the boost lines, I'm a little confused why we need such a big kit to do the same basic thing. Details will clear alot of it up, I'm sure of it. I know the Cobalt Cup cars are running 77.X mm size pulleys, but they don't give any information on the computer systems too much.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sp00ner said:
I would be looking for a '69 Camaro SS, but the chances of finding one that I can afford, and still in decent shape, is very slim. So, who knows. I keep an open mind when looking for older cars, you never know what you'll find. I know someone right now that's selling a '71 Camaro, that's kinda desperate, but I can't fit another car in the garage!

I'm gonna hit up the Borla muffler soon enough, with the intercooled tip, :cool: and I'll have to figure out a good resonator to keep the sound right. I can handle a slightly ricey exhaust, if it gives me some power, and as long as it's SLIGHTLY ricey.

Alky sounds good, I'm a little worried about the warranty issues with that though. Something goes wrong in the engine, and I won't have the money to get a lawyer to fight the denial of warranty. I'm not concerned about the injection itself causing a problem, just a general engine issue that gets blamed on my injection.

I have to see what's in the Psi-Fi kit... I'm back and forth with it. Some good dynos would help. Alot. If the injectors are not running out with people swapping the pulley and popping the boost lines, I'm a little confused why we need such a big kit to do the same basic thing. Details will clear alot of it up, I'm sure of it. I know the Cobalt Cup cars are running 77.X mm size pulleys, but they don't give any information on the computer systems too much.

i agree about the PSI kit, but you have to think that they want to offer this kit, and be able to take advantage of the same tuning they've worked out for the twincharge kit. people are swapping pullies, but are they effectively raising boost above the 15psi or so our cars can see? seems like the worked something out, and i cannot wait to see dyno's either. hopefully not TOO soon though, like i said, i want to get in on the initial buy to keep the cost down.

picking up my new filter tonight, not gonna put it on until i put the stock tube into the fenderwell back on though, i want to try and feel the difference. interestingly enough i've been getting better and better gas mileage with the old dirty stock filter with the ghetto ram air hanging down there

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What's the price on the initial buy? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they said it would be lower than the estimated sale price of 700-800 they've been tossing around, hopefully under 7 if i'm lucky

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm guessing from the "great lakes" part it's SOMEWHERE near here, but where precisely is this dragway located at?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
I'm guessing from the "great lakes" part it's SOMEWHERE near here, but where precisely is this dragway located at?
sorry, Union Grove, WI

·
Registered
243 Posts
After June 29, I am good for any. Just let everyone know when you are going down and I will meet you there. I get done with work around 3:00 so I can be there right at the start time of 6 with out a problem.

Later!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nero said:
After June 29, I am good for any. Just let everyone know when you are going down and I will meet you there. I get done with work around 3:00 so I can be there right at the start time of 6 with out a problem.

Later!
cool! i'm going to have to take my car to the dealer to have them check out the cat first, and then i want to hook up the alky setup and head down. i'll let everyone know what day is going to work, anything not good for you spooner?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
This holiday weeked is the only thing that's bad for me... going up to Northern Wisconsin from Friday till Tuesday... after that I'm all good. The Gtech is getting ordered on Monday as well, would love to have that when we go.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds like the 17th of July is the best day, i'm going to find out when exactly her shower is, because i can't make it if it's that day, and that's the first and last sunday/weekend day for a while...

i'll post back asap

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Lemme know... is there anyone else interested, or is it just me and you?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Where's morris? I'm in Palatine/Barrington... NW burbs...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts