Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i was thinking we should get a meet together and cruise up to a track and try and work on our times. i think it would be cool to go with other redlines, and that way we could give each other suggestions, etc., and get some cool videos while we're at it. i'd like to go just to see how i stack up against all the other cars that would be there.

any ideas? i was thinking Great Lakes, since i don't know of any other tracks around here, but i'm open to going anywhere. should be a good time.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm game, it's alot less crowded than the Joliet one, and I'd love to get a couple of 1/4 mile tickets. Never been to an official track, only good 'ol country boy 1/4 mile tracks. Which is an abandoned subdivision development in Florida...

When? This weekend? Next?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the schedule

i think we should try and hit it up on a saturday, looks like they've got some 9-5 days we could get in a shitload of runs. i'm going to look it over. i've got to go to a wedding next week, and i'm not sure that this weekend would be good considering the weather...

i'll look into it

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this weekend isn't working due to races, but i think i could swing some good times hungover next sunday, 5/22. let me know what you think after looking at the schedule.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i'm talking to myself here, but i'm going for sure. the woman is excited to go (she likes when i race legally, not on the street) so it's on.

i'm trying to get my buddy who's brothe has a built up eclipse or talon (1st gen i think) to go, how built, i don't know, but he says they've put plenty into it. they've gotta put the engine back together, but he says it'll be done by then.

i'm also trying to get ahold of a friend with a badass WRX to come, but i've got to get ahold of him through the grapevine. i won't expect him to come as i guess he's pretty whipped. hopefully he'll show.

i'd like to get there early, so as to get as many runs in as possible in, so i'll probably be there around 9. hopefully we get a couple of more to come. bring girlfriends/wives, etc. to root us on an keep each other company.

kelly will be taking video of us, though i know for at least one run she'll want to be in the car (like i said, she has fun with it at the track).

well, let me know.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
how much does it cost to run? I was gonna go opening weekend for free quarter mile runs but my gf was in an accident that friday :( any ways I've got some friends that run rear engine drag out there and i might spend some time there this summer.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for a weekend it's 30 for driver/car, and 12 for spectators. not too bad considering you can stay the whole day. i guess on a really busy day, someone got in 8-10 runs. enough for me to get a good time, i'm sure of it

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Vita said:
well, i'm talking to myself here, but i'm going for sure. the woman is excited to go (she likes when i race legally, not on the street) so it's on.

i'm trying to get my buddy who's brothe has a built up eclipse or talon (1st gen i think) to go, how built, i don't know, but he says they've put plenty into it. they've gotta put the engine back together, but he says it'll be done by then.

i'm also trying to get ahold of a friend with a badass WRX to come, but i've got to get ahold of him through the grapevine. i won't expect him to come as i guess he's pretty whipped. hopefully he'll show.

i'd like to get there early, so as to get as many runs in as possible in, so i'll probably be there around 9. hopefully we get a couple of more to come. bring girlfriends/wives, etc. to root us on an keep each other company.

kelly will be taking video of us, though i know for at least one run she'll want to be in the car (like i said, she has fun with it at the track).

well, let me know.
Yea, if I could make it seem like a 'family' event, I could get my girl to go as well, and she's a real shutterbug. Has a nice 35mm that we use for the good pics, and my digi for the everyday ones. We could get some great shots and footage out there. She'd go anyway I think...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
thats pretty cheap for a whole day, I'm thinking about going there or KK in kaukauna

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sp00ner said:
Yea, if I could make it seem like a 'family' event, I could get my girl to go as well, and she's a real shutterbug. Has a nice 35mm that we use for the good pics, and my digi for the everyday ones. We could get some great shots and footage out there. She'd go anyway I think...
tell her she's got company, kelly will be there for sure, and would love someone to hang out with while we're in the staging lanes

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
clevelander2002 said:
thats pretty cheap for a whole day, I'm thinking about going there or KK in kaukauna
you should come, think i've got a couple of tiburons coming too, though i'm not sure

·
Registered
55 Posts
I vote for Kaukauna, considering it's about 15 minutes from my place. =)

But I could probably swing down next weekend. Gotta try out this K&N and header now that I got that damned exhaust leak fixed.

Smitts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am up for May 29! This weekend is no good for me, my sister is getting married and I will be busy all weekend. If you go on the 22, let us know how things go!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tomt5078 said:
FYI.

You guys need to go on May 29, it will be import wars #2. It's open to imports and domestic's.
that'd be cool, but i'm sure it'll be busy as hell that day. i'm going on the 22nd for sure, maybe i'll go on the 29th too, but i'm not sure

this weekend should be nice though. i have a feeling after all the rain, it may be cool still, but temps are supposed to climb all week! if all goes well, we should have a really good day to go to the track on sunday, and with that import wars, hopefully people are waiting for that and won't show up on sunday, leaving us with a chance to get a bunch of runs in. i know i'm going for it!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm down for the 22nd Vita...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sp00ner said:
I'm down for the 22nd Vita...
that makes two of us. i'm working on getting a lt1 firebird and an lt1 impala ss to come as well just for the fact to see what those cars stock do up against ours. i'm hoping to get close to what they'll run, but we'll see

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Maybe I'll bring my Vette... never ran it yet... would like to get a number on it to put in the ad when I sell it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Maybe I'll bring my Vette... never ran it yet... would like to get a number on it to put in the ad when I sell it...

You might want to rethink that, people might get the impression that you were drag racing it and could be turned off!

The 29th will be packed, but it's fun, drag racing, car show, sound system compition, GIRLS. If you get their early before 10:00 you can get 6 to 10 passes in by 11:00 when it start to get pack, then you'll get like 2 an hour till 1:00 when the bracket racing starts. From 1:00 till 5:00 you should get 1 per hour! Hope to see some people there.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts