Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

The Interceptor gauge is 52mm (2 1/16") in diameter and will fit in all standard gauge
pods of this size. A 5' cable is included with appropriate OBD2 connector. A splitter cable
is included with the dual Interceptor units.

A function menu is available by pushing both buttons simultaneously. One menu option
allows you to enter a record mode. Once selected, the Interceptor will return to normal
scan mode, but will start recording the displayed data automatically when the throttle
exceeds 50% and engine load exceeds 65%. Approximately 35-40 seconds of data will be
stored. Returning to the menu screen, you can choose to replay the stored data on the
Interceptor display.

Another menu option offers the ability to swap the foreground and backround colors of the
display (to be shown soon in the IMAGES section of this site). Using this feature, for
example, the gauge with a black backround and blue characters (negative image)
becomes a blue backround with black characters (positive image). Not only can this be
visually appealing but beneficial in changing lighting conditions. Positive images are
easier to read in bright sunlight, negative at night.

Lastly, DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) can be accessed and cleared via menu options.

Power is supplied to the unit by the OBD2 port, so no additional wiring is needed, simply
plug-and-play!
Warranty

Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in
material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature
Mass Air Flow Sensor Frequency
Mass Air Flow Sensor (lb/min.)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Injector Pulse Width (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Long Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Short Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
O2 Sensor Voltage (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Manifold Pressure in PSI (Boost pressure for factory
turbo/supercharger applications)
Ignition Advance
Knock Retard
Engine Run Time
Battery Voltage
Transmission Temperature
Idle air Control Counts
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Voltage
Engine Load

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the RL? Or for that matter any current generation saturn?
Do we know that all the parameters can be read in real time with our ECU's?
I guess all I care about would be be Intake Temp and MAP. But the others could be cool as well.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I ran this gauge tonight on a RL, and it read everything but KR and MAF Freq. It did display injector PW. and also MAF in terms of lb/min., which is directly proportional to freq. I don't have the conversion handy. We will try to get KR to display, assuming it is available in some form, hopefully just under a different PID. I'll be looking at another RL tomorrow and the priority will be to get KR.

Todd
Aeroforce Tech.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Pls post the infor ASAP as we are all excited about this new support that has been coming out and I would love to buy a dual package and shit-can the gauges I have!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
We attempted to find the knock data on another '04 RL tonight, with no luck. It did not respond to anything we tried. Has anyone actually seen knock retard displayed on any scan tool including a GM Tech2? We'll keep trying if there is proof that it's on the data stream, but not every parameter is supported on every car.

Todd

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I had a question.

Can any two parameters be displayed together or is it only in preset pairs?

For instance, can I see boost and RPM at the same time or is boost paired with another reading and can't be changed?

*edit* Nevermind. I just got an email from Todd at Aeroforce and he told me that you can pick the parameter for each.

Cool!!! I'm getting one of these in the near future and mounting it on my steering column. I'll never need another gauge.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, great news to hear they work. So how do the dual guages work, is there a splitter for them to plug into the port?

*** Edit *** Nevermind, found my answer. Yes it comes with a splitter...

Tom

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ordered the autotap for my SS/SC last week. I should have it sometime this week. When I hook it up I will let you know if it finds it on my vehicle.

The SS/SC also has pins for the CAN protocol. Are you planning to support that in the future?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
CAN will definitely be supported in the near future. I'm looking forward to trying a Cobalt and '05 RL, which both supposedly have the same PCM. This PCM also supposedly has the standard GM parameter i.d.'s, unlike the '04 with it's specific Saturn PCM.

Todd

ArrivalBlueSS said:
I ordered the autotap for my SS/SC last week. I should have it sometime this week. When I hook it up I will let you know if it finds it on my vehicle.

The SS/SC also has pins for the CAN protocol. Are you planning to support that in the future?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have an '05, but you're too damn far away!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe I'm not looking at the right link, but where does it say that this guage is < $200 ? I see it listed for $219

·
Registered
563 Posts
JPK said:
Holy shit!!!

These are NICE!!! A pair of these is all you'd ever need.

I'm getting some. Now....I just need to find some money. :( :D
how is that header??? i saw it on the website and really wanted to get it but was unsure and as far as this gauge/chip... i bought this thing called car chip for 129 it plugs into the obdII slot and stores 300 hours of everything!!!!braking, distance, accelerate and decelerate, engine performance and trouble codes

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Just getting the car to recognize the parameter is a good sign. If you are really interested in seeing if it is broadcasting knock, you could rev the motor to 2k while in neutral, and have someone tap the engine block with a hammer. There is typically a filter in the software that ignores the knock sensor below 1800 rpms. Or, next time you need gas put in a couple gallons of 87 and give it some throttle until it sees knock. If all you see is "0" I'd then be suspicious. Afterwards fill the tank with premium.

Todd

ArrivalBlueSS said:
I hooked up an autotap to the SS/SC and I just get zero for a knock retard value. So either it's not reading or it's really 0.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I got my cobalt ss/sc to register knock retard. It registered a max of 1.4 degrees of knock retard on my autotap today. Also got some other blips at .7 degrees and less.

The engine was basically just idling when it happen at 782 RPM , car wasn't even warmed up yet. The air intake temp was 77f.

Then I got .4 degrees when I was going about 62 @2500 RPM. I am not even sure if these make any sense to me, since they don't seem to be happening under heavy acceleration. But I figured I would share to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.