Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Greddy emanage rotary dial help

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  goaliemo 
#1 ·
Good morning all I was wondering if anybody can lead me in the right direction to setting the rotary dials on the greddy emanage blue for a 2003 Saturn ion 2.2 currently boosted with a bunch of other mods to list having issues trying to set the second and third rotary dial settings so far the jumper boards are correct I've tried to reach out everywhere I can and I'm falling short on answers any help would be greatly appreciated

#5 ·
Headed to work now. I can post a pic later. Basic l61 motor. Saab intake manifold. Saab exhaust manifold. Saab 207b turbo . Saab injectors. Welded my own downpipe up /3"down pipe reduces to 2.5 drops off underneath car Midway. Zzp fuel pump relay kit. Arp head studs ,0.040 headgasket . I had to upgrade the timing chain tensioner "ordered one on eBay that is adjustable. I keept jumping teeth when boost would pick up" . Was running the apexi safc for a while. But it SUCKED! Could only edit airflow for wide open throttle . Really shiity lost all street drivability. And would run way way to rich. I've done alot of reaseacrh just browsing all the fourms gaing every bit of info about my motor and swap sheets..so o stumbled accross a few guys that ran the greddy emanage blue and said they loved it so I grabbed the whole set up. And I found 343 to work decent. But something is not right. And honestly I gave up I just posted the whole kit on eBay for 500. Support cable ,harness etc. But I'm supper excited. I spoke to Mark at split second and I ordered the PSC1-002 it's the same basic concept of piggy back runs the R4 software I'll have full asscesss to map table with full technical support if I get stuck on the software aspect. For a decent price too.
I'm not the best gear head and I'm allways learning. But something about this car has me hooked since I first got her. And I just won't give up. If this system doesn't work. I'll end up going full standalone. Just be honestly lazy and was trying to short cut. But in all seriousness. Don't short cut shit on your build take your time and research research. I've tried so many different products for this car. Way to much to list. And the crappy part is not to many people are still around that have had the experience with them from what I'm finding out. It sucks bro.

#6 ·
It looks so messy and I ran short of cash so I used a couple Peace's of exhaust pipe to use for the intercooler pipe "i know it gets hot tonfast " just ordered some of the right piping . I don't have alot of money but when I get extra from overtime it pretty much goes in to my cars lol 😅. I just love this car and how quick she was moving . The best feeling in the world is winning a race in a Saturn after the fact people where laughing in the beginning.

Attachments

#8 ·
Its really cool to see this. I was in the process of tueboing my 03 sedan when it jumped time. Bent 12 valves. So I'm doing what any sensible person would do and lsj swap it. I have a complete saab 9-3 donor car. And my buddy is trading me a complete redline harness fuse box and Pcm for all of my 2.2 bolt ons plus other things.

I wish I could help more on the piggy back. I was looking into the aem fix/6 originally. Then was going to do a cavalier pcm, make my own harness, and piggy back it with hptuners.

I really wanna see more of this. I love that someone was ballsy enough to do it. If you need any part off my donor saab, let me know man. I can pass along my facebook or Instagram info for easier contact if need be

#9 ·
Bro. I just want to say thank you. Besides my family and close friend everyone thinks I'm crazy. So just to run it back. The main reason I want to figure this way out . And like I said if this psc1-002 don't work I'm going stand alone. .

But man. In a short sum of things. I've been clean for 5 years now. And when I was younger and f"ing up in I never had a hobby .. the first year of beaing clean this car was brought in to my life. It was 100 bucks for her. She was droped off on a tow truck. Full of sludge. I found that me and this car have a special special bond it's what I can my clean car. She has helped me so many late late nights fight the temptation of staying away from drugs . Sounds wierd. But it's true. . I get a high from this car everytime I swap or figure out what works for her.

So update . I should have the psc1-002 in my mail box tommorw . Excited to rip the greddy out and give this oll girl something else to try..
The tach adapter showed up today
"Digital Dakota sg-8. : I'll load more pics tonight when I get off work."

I noticed right off rip the car was idling a lot better. And I was reading correct rpm on the laptop. But still didn't feel safe with the emanage settings. And plus I figure why rush any more when I have the psc1 on the way .

Brother I have a Facebook and phone I can. Send u the info. I'm not the greatest on these forms I can't figure out how to message you to send my info . I would love to talk to you about the ideas you where having about running the cavi pcm and wiring in to the stock harness ..

If you by any chance know if the dis 2 msd system would work good ?

#11 ·
I just looked into the dis2. Seems the ecotec cavalier guys used it back before hptuner.
They recommend converting the entire coil system over so the coils last

#12 ·
Interesting approach to being able to tune the car..
I was reading thru this thread and your mods list and noticed you haven't upgraded any of the engine internals.. mainly your rods and pistons..
The l61 2.2 engine can only handle about 240hp before things might break.. the rods are the biggest area of concern and are extremely weak..

Not trying to come down on you but I would hate to see you get everything going and then toast the block..

#13 ·
No worries brother I appreciate the concern. For now I'm going to keep the boost low never more then 6 . I was thinking maybe swap out just rods for now and maybe ordering the balance shaft delete kit. ...

Update.

I took the greddy out last night. And wired up the psc1-02. And let me tell you it was way simpler to wire on too
It was 4 wires total
1; red wire- 12+ switch
2 ; tap in to the map sensor close to the ECU
3: ground wire. Went directly to body.
4: tach signal. Went directly too tach adapter

I just woke up for work so when I get off I'll see about some videos but deff pics.

Was able to start the car run the fuel maps and start adjusting . Got the car to idle perfect. Ran lean first start up. Then edited a little more. And so on.

Here's the kicker for a laugh...
I was actually getting some where last night then dumb me decided to try splisec base maps for 6psi boost.
And we'll. Yeah car started bugging out 🏻🏻🏻🏻😂😂😂 .
So needless to say I had to start all over with the Saturn base fuel map again. 🏻😑😂
With that happaning. I found out maybe I should save every single time I adjust and save few copy's of my base maps just in case.

Lol. Well. Today is another day . I can't wait to get off work and play around.. so far I Totaly recommend the splitsec psc1-02 for the person willing.to learn . Not as complex as other piggybacks. Most important modd has to be ordered asap and that will be some sort of dis2 or figure out some thing that I can use to reterd the timming .

#14 ·
I also been finding alot of good info on the old topics here and ecotecpower site. I'm so greatfull fpr y'all's input and he'lp.

I'm so sick of these people at my car meets that laugh at the idea of a Saturn. They have no fu##kin clue about the power house the ecotecs have an can be. .. I just can't wait to blow there doors off at the track. Just hopefully there doors and not my axels. Need to work on that too. Lmao

#15 ·
If you're a manual car, get O t t ps rotated trans mount kit. Since you have an 03 the front mount will need to be tapped (03 and 04 line up slightly different) it may be on sale right now too. I can send you the link on facebook if you want. The company is blocked on this forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.