Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order a grill yet, They have them at www.customcargrills.com
specifically for the redline but I'm debating whether the Mesh or the xxl diamond plate will look best, so does anyone have one already I can see pics of??

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I just ordered a small diamond mesh for mine.

I think that the steel woven mesh would keep the bugs and crap out a lot better than the others but I didn't want to pay $20 extra so I figured the next best would be the small diamond mesh.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
im not too big a fan of mesh grilles.....i dunno, maybe ill cave and buy one eventually.

we'll see.......all depends on whether or not we get intercooler upgrades.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
im not too big a fan of mesh grilles.....i dunno, maybe ill cave and buy one eventually.

we'll see.......all depends on whether or not we get intercooler upgrades.

First thing when I got my RL home, I looked at the front and said, "Hmmm....needs a grill there." :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i guess its just me, cuz i dont know too many other ppl that dont like grilles.

on other cars i do, but for some reason its just not my cup of tea. oh well, haha.

dont get me wrong, i think they look good, i just dont want one on my car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered the stainless mesh grill (4 weeks ago) and I just installed it last week. Looks real nice IMO. The car color is Silver Nickel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
kenwood599 said:
I ordered the stainless mesh grill (4 weeks ago) and I just installed it last week. Looks real nice IMO. The car color is Silver Nickel.
yes it looks nice on the silver cari have the blue RL and i think it tinds of stands out.
anyway i did not buy it yet i did look at one at the dealer it costs 100 bucks for the Stainless Steel Wire Mesh. this is the one that is on the Vue RL.
i almost bought and glad i did not because it 49 bucks and the grill site.
big difference.
good day :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here are pictures of my stainless grill. I didn't take the car cover off all the way and I was laying down on the garage floor. I'm not sure if the pictures showed up here but if anyone is interested, just drop me an email and I will mail them to you just in case they are a no show.

It is very easy to install. There are 8 long round plastic "tits" molded to the backside of the grill molding. The wire mesh just slips on them and the grill is secured with metal pawl nuts / zip nuts (at least that is what I think you call them).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well, my grill shipped out today via Priority Mail.

I'll bet I get the grill before I get my RL back from the Satty shop. :(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
JPK said:
Well, my grill shipped out today via Priority Mail.

I'll bet I get the grill before I get my RL back from the Satty shop. :(

thats the spirit!!! :p

....hey look on the bright side, at least ull have something new to look forward to once u get it back!

·
Registered
10,134 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
What are you talking about? Those are custom racing scrapes!! :D

I was soooooo mad. Took my own drive way straight on (and not angled like I should have). I'm still mad. BUT hey, stuff doesnt stay new forever right? Oh well.

Thinking some "touch up" paint in electric blue will make it not as noticable.

As for the sides, you take out the whole piece of plastic (the circle center piece is connected to the side pieces). Took my jig saw and cut out the black fake mesh. Basically leaving "rings". Shoulda taken some pics. Would have been a nice write up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I just got my grill today and am hopefully picking up my car from the dealer service dept. tonight. I'll try and snap some pics of my car with the grill this weekend.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts