Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my car makes a grinding noise only while turning right. I thought it was the left wheel hub assembly but when i changed that the noise was still there. I took it to one shop and they said the transaxle, which i took to either be the cv axle or transmission. Then i took it to that shops recommended transmission shop who just said it was my transmission but couldnt give any more info without digging into the tranny itself. If it was the tranny wouldnt it grind always? and wouldnt my gearing feel messed up? PLEASE HELP ME, im getting ready to go to college and just wanna get this damn thing fixed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, my car makes a grinding noise only while turning right. I thought it was the left wheel hub assembly but when i changed that the noise was still there. I took it to one shop and they said the transaxle, which i took to either be the cv axle or transmission. Then i took it to that shops recommended transmission shop who just said it was my transmission but couldnt give any more info without digging into the tranny itself. If it was the tranny wouldnt it grind always? and wouldnt my gearing feel messed up? PLEASE HELP ME, im getting ready to go to college and just wanna get this damn thing fixed.
cj0612,

Truly sorry to hear of the grinding noise you're experiencing with your vehicle. I understand that occurrence is frustrating for you as you prepare for college, which I'd like to wish you all the best in. Have you taken the vehicle to a certified GM dealership for an inspection or have you been dealing with independent shops?

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just been dealing with independent shops so far just because i really dont have that much money to be spending, and normally the dealership does cost some more. The shop i got recommended too didnt even charge me, i dont even think they even looked at it to be honest. I was planning on taking it to a more reputable shop next. But i really just need an idea of what it is because if its not the tranny I (with a little help) can order the parts and do the repair.

Thanks for the response:)

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Check the right hub. Also check the intermediate shaft bearing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks, ill go ahead and try those. Sorry it took a while to respond i've been away for a little while, where exactly is the intermediate shaft bearing and do you know of where i can get the part to replace it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the problem is that i dont have enough money right now for that, it wouldnt be me doing the repair, my step dad is very mechanically inclined and he would be the one doing it.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
Well if you got someone to help, put the front of the car up on jack stands and start it up. Put the car in gear which will turn the wheels. You should not need to apply the gas. Turn the wheel and try to recreate the sound with someone listening. But be very care full.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
sounds like a loose set of muffler belts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts