Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
they wont do it because of the air bag that is available there. Its been tried. If you want one you have to make it yourself. I think there are only 3 or 4 of us with them.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Goofy is right.

I organized the first group buy and had enough people only to find out that since side airbags are an available option on our cars, it's illegal for them to make Pillar pods for us. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats stupid then well what can i do i have three guages and im not good with working with fiberglass or anything like that i had some made for my 01 SL2 but it was like 440 bucks granted it looks stock but kinda expensive
:confused:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
$440!!!! :eek:

I hope that was with the gauges. If you had to pay that just for a pod then that's INSANE.

You don't have to be able to work with fiberglass. A few of the guys on here bought pods for other cars and used a heat gun to shape it just right.

Not sure but I think they used some off of either a 1st or 2nd gen DSM.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
cost me 27 bucks. 11 for the 1st gen pod and 16 for a heat gun to bend it to my will.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yeah no shit what is that pod. I can easily put in 2 more gauges. Im gonna have gauges all over the place.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Damn, I had a similar idea for a while and just haven't had a chance to do it. I was gonna get a 3 pod dash mount, kinda like the one they have for the IS300's and put it right in front of my steering wheel on the slope and ridge.

I was thinking of getting the nexus gauges after seeing someone else here had them, those are nice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
that guage pod is the autometer part #10001 it is for a Mustang ... but works really well for this aplication with no modifications to the pod.

auto meter link

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
what did you have to do to get it on the car, and hole had to be drilled in the dash?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts