Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got the gst to the track. The good news is that iv'e got an 8sec 1/8th mile car and im just a 9sec driver. With horrible wheel hop and spinning apon boost spike i ran [email protected] All my runs were done with 2.4-2.56 60ft. Once i get the wheel hop toned down ill be able to launch above 3k and maybe get my 60ft lower. The bad news is that i knew i had a problem with the #3 cylinder and i thought it be ok to run it at the track since im only boosting to 16psi but i knew something was wrong on my last run, which was a [email protected] My car is overheating like crazy and my car is missing. I believe i may have pushed myself into a blown head gasket or a broken
piston ring. :( I wanted a tripple layer head gasket and ARP head bolts anyway so maybe this was a good thing. I may just tear it down and give it a good overhaul. Its got a couple miles on it. Oh yea, 3 srt-4 were thier. 2 basically were stock (intake,bov), one modded full exhaust,intake,don't know what else, he didn't really wanted to say. The two slower ones were running 9.9s-9.7's and the modded ran a consistent 9.55'[email protected] on 17" drag radials.
These may look like bad times but this track is notorius for being a slick track. Unless you had full slicks your probably not going to run well. It was a
good turn out, had a good time with the car, just wish my car didn't take a crap on me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp, looks like im going to do a 2.3L build up. My piston is toast, looks like i ran lean and things got bad under my nose, oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts