Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I'm pretty new to the forums so not sure if this is the right place.
Just got my engine swapped out by a shop, and my clutch was engaging midway in the pedal when sending it in but upon getting the car back it's engaging near the bottom of the pedal. Assuming that I'm going to need a new clutch right now based on that.I have a stage 3 clutch in from the previous owner, but also have a used stock clutch sitting around near new, will probably end up ordering another stage 3 clutch though when I change it out.
Was wondering if anyone has already posted a guide/video of changing the clutch, or whether I should tell mr.wallet to get ready to be punched again.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
Honestly it sounds like the system needs to be bled again.
If the shop did the motor swap chances are they pulled the motor and transmission together. I would start with bleeding it first

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the shop did the motor swap chances are they pulled the motor and transmission together. I would start with bleeding it first
alright Ill give that a shot, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quickupdate
alright Ill give that a shot, thanks!
UPDATE: yep the mechanic was just didn't bleed it enough, the spamming the clutch pedal method with an open reservoir worked like a charm to bleed the rest of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
Awesome, glad that was an easy pain free fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts