Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First show with the redline. Not only did i place 2nd in my class (2 older sc coupes and a volvo or something) but I recieved a personal award from Jim Minniker himself. Some of you may know him as an engineer at GM, others may know him as the man who piloted the bonneville redline to 212 mph. I talked to him alot, got some autographs, and some inside info on parts gm will be releasing in the future. Apparently he did alot of work on the production redline. He also checked out the bonneville redline with me for awhile and pointed out alot of the cooler features on the car. The picture i took of the motor is not of the motor that did the 212 mph pass. Apparently it's being shoved into a cobalt right now :D

attached are some pictures or the awards, and the rest are here: GM Nats Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Cool deal man. I was up there on Saturday with my girlfriend. I believe it was a Saab in your class as well. I was a little disappointed that there were no other RL's in the lineup. Saw a few Cobalt SS's at some racing company's stand.

Nice job on placing BTW.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was over in the tent by the grand am's with all my friends. wish i had known youd be there i would have come over and said hi. you see my home-made torque brace? :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Cool. I got to see the Bonneville Racer Red Line on the Hot Rod Power Tour a few weeks ago, definately a sweet setup.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
glad u had fun man, congratulations. i entered my car, but never showed up, haha oh well.

sucks having to work on saturdays, but either way im happy that at least one other redline showed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts