Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
does anybody have these? how are they? i was just see if they were good.
If you are looking for an in expensive summer performance tire, these are pretty good.

What are you looking for, year round performance, summer only? How much do you drive per year? Is it mostly on the street or on the highway? Are you looking for a long lasting tire? Is comfort a concern?

We'd be happy to make a recommendation for you.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are looking for an in expensive summer performance tire, these are pretty good.

What are you looking for, year round performance, summer only? How much do you drive per year? Is it mostly on the street or on the highway? Are you looking for a long lasting tire? Is comfort a concern?

We'd be happy to make a recommendation for you.
my boy is going to give me 3 of them for free. with about 3000 miles one them. i was just seeing if they are good enough then ill buy the 4th one.

i need new tires and this was just an option but i would really like to get good ones. the kind im looking for would be a good street tire that hooks. i really dont care if they ride rough cause the streets suck here anyway. my car is an 06 with 22,000 miles on it so i dont thing long lasting is a problom...lol if the ones im getting from him will work for what i want then thats cool.

thanks for answering bro...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
No problem, I wouldn't pass up three free tires, especially if they are in decent shape. Even if you get 5-10K out of them, that’s long enough to decide if you would buy them again. Go for it. We'd be happy to help you with the 4th if that’s what you choose.

-Travis

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, I wouldn't pass up three free tires, especially if they are in decent shape. Even if you get 5-10K out of them, that’s long enough to decide if you would buy them again. Go for it. We'd be happy to help you with the 4th if that’s what you choose.

-Travis
i might but what about what i posted about other ones?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
i might but what about what i posted about other ones?
Oh sorry,

For a sticky street tire you could go as sticky as the RT615 or the NT01. These are DOT approved track tires. Don't let that scare you though, there are a lof of guys that run these everyday in the summer and a lot of them consider these to be some of the best RT tires on the market right now. They are super sticky and will grip better than any of the following tires. Downfall is, they aren't that great in wet conditions, they don't last very long and they really shouldn't be driven on in under 45 degree weather. Also in this class, the Nitto NT05 just hit the market. We should have pricing on this tire within a few days. They are aimed to last longer than the NT01 and have a little better wet handling as well.
Falken RT615
Nitto NT01

Next step towards a year round performance I would suggest the Nitto Neo Gen. I ran these on an 03 Lancer OZ that I owned for a few years and loved them. They gripped very well from a stop and on corners, they handled both wet and dry roads and I personally like the asymmetrical look. Expect to get about 22-32K out of these depending on how hard you drive.
Nitto Neo Gen

Lastly, I would suggest the Goodyear Eagle GT. These are awesome tires. They have almost all the technology that is in Goodyear’s F1 series without the price tag. Take a close look at these tires. This is one of the few tires that I like to call a cake eater. If you want your cake and eat it too, buy this tire. It is a high performance, quiet, longer lasting, smooth riding tire. It has interlocking tread blocks (tread blocks that lock together kind of like legos) for dry and wet driving conditions. It is an asymmetrical design that puts the proper tread design where you need it most. It also have wide channels to reduce noise and assist in water removal and siping for more biting edges if the road gets slick.
Goodyear Eagle GT

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Lastly, I would suggest the Goodyear Eagle GT. These are awesome tires. They have almost all the technology that is in Goodyear’s F1 series without the price tag. Take a close look at these tires. This is one of the few tires that I like to call a cake eater. If you want your cake and eat it too, buy this tire. It is a high performance, quiet, longer lasting, smooth riding tire. It has interlocking tread blocks (tread blocks that lock together kind of like legos) for dry and wet driving conditions. It is an asymmetrical design that puts the proper tread design where you need it most. It also have wide channels to reduce noise and assist in water removal and siping for more biting edges if the road gets slick.
Goodyear Eagle GT
Although I can't comment on the Hankook tires because I've never run them, I can say that the Eagle GT's are really a great set of tires. I've had them on for about 3 weeks or so now and I'm loving them. Haven't gotten a real good rain down here yet (although I know we will) but they've handled the water very very well already. I never realized how loud my BFG KDW2's were until I got them off the car and the GT's on it. They ride well which is a nice surprise (even over shitty roads) and they also hook awesome on the road.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Although I can't comment on the Hankook tires because I've never run them, I can say that the Eagle GT's are really a great set of tires. I've had them on for about 3 weeks or so now and I'm loving them. Haven't gotten a real good rain down here yet (although I know we will) but they've handled the water very very well already. I never realized how loud my BFG KDW2's were until I got them off the car and the GT's on it. They ride well which is a nice surprise (even over shitty roads) and they also hook awesome on the road.
The new GTs are a sweet tire. Thanks for the review :)

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I forgot to mention that they look pretty good as well. The tread blocks on the outside look alot like the BFG KDW2s and I think that the look was awesome. Granted we're not an open wheel vehicle, but i do like seeing a good performing and good looking tire when I look at my car.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Hahaha i was lookin at the Eagle GTs for myself i found some for $365. I might have to get them by summertime.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hahaha i was lookin at the Eagle GTs for myself i found some for $365. I might have to get them by summertime.
We guarantee the lowest delivered price and our shipping is free. We would love to help you. If you do jump on these give us a shot we won't let you down.

-Travis

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next step towards a year round performance I would suggest the Nitto Neo Gen. I ran these on an 03 Lancer OZ that I owned for a few years and loved them. They gripped very well from a stop and on corners, they handled both wet and dry roads and I personally like the asymmetrical look. Expect to get about 22-32K out of these depending on how hard you drive.
Nitto Neo Gen
i think im set on these. ill be intouch as soon as my tax check clears...thanks for the help. its been very good.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
We guarantee the lowest delivered price and our shipping is free. We would love to help you. If you do jump on these give us a shot we won't let you down.

-Travis
Can't find Toyo Proxes on your site. Interested in R1R or T1R in 225/45/17 or 40/17.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
We don't mail order the brand. We do have a few stores in your area that can order them in for you. Give them a call. If you are interested in any of the brands that you do see on our site, we would be happy to help you with them and again, we guarantee the lowest delivered price.

Stores locator: www.tires.com

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's sweet having a huge national tire chain represented on here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts