Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Oh sorry,

For a sticky street tire you could go as sticky as the RT615 or the NT01. These are DOT approved track tires. Don't let that scare you though, there are a lof of guys that run these everyday in the summer and a lot of them consider these to be some of the best RT tires on the market right now. They are super sticky and will grip better than any of the following tires. Downfall is, they aren't that great in wet conditions, they don't last very long and they really shouldn't be driven on in under 45 degree weather. Also in this class, the Nitto NT05 just hit the market. We should have pricing on this tire within a few days. They are aimed to last longer than the NT01 and have a little better wet handling as well.
Falken RT615
Nitto NT01

Next step towards a year round performance I would suggest the Nitto Neo Gen. I ran these on an 03 Lancer OZ that I owned for a few years and loved them. They gripped very well from a stop and on corners, they handled both wet and dry roads and I personally like the asymmetrical look. Expect to get about 22-32K out of these depending on how hard you drive.
Nitto Neo Gen

Lastly, I would suggest the Goodyear Eagle GT. These are awesome tires. They have almost all the technology that is in Goodyear’s F1 series without the price tag. Take a close look at these tires. This is one of the few tires that I like to call a cake eater. If you want your cake and eat it too, buy this tire. It is a high performance, quiet, longer lasting, smooth riding tire. It has interlocking tread blocks (tread blocks that lock together kind of like legos) for dry and wet driving conditions. It is an asymmetrical design that puts the proper tread design where you need it most. It also have wide channels to reduce noise and assist in water removal and siping for more biting edges if the road gets slick.
Goodyear Eagle GT
I have had nothing but bad luck with the Falken RT-615's...Not because they are bad tires, but because everytime I order them they are sold out, or I get my order in and only 2 or 3 arrive, I hear nothing but good things about these tires especially from weekend road racers.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I did a lot of research on the Goodyaer F1 Gs-D3's last year and they were my favorite pick hands down. Now I find a great price on them (size isn't ideal at 235/40/17 on stock rims) but I found out they are being discontinued. I know a guy who works for Discount tire that will let me bring them in unmounted and allow me to purchase the road hazard on them but im concerned. With a discontinued tire (that is like 3 years old before it goes onto my rim!!!!) what will they do If, heaven forbids, I get dmg that is not repairable. I am considering a few other tires such as the Michelin PS2's, Bridgestone Pole Positions (RE050A), Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym's (replacing the GS-d3'????) Yokohama S.Drive's and the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and a couple others I can't recall right now.

Any thoughts? I need something that won't leave me hydroplaning when it rains (rarely but the built up oil on the road doesn't help!) and rides decently comfortably and will last me at least 25-30K miles when driven softly 95% of the time. I got 50K out of the stock lops if that helps. Discount tire has always taken good care of me and my friends as well, would like to hear your opinion.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
First, Nukem, sorry to hear about your trouble. These do fly off out of our warehouses as soon as they get in, especially in certain sizes. We would love to help you with a set if we haven't allready. Call Matt at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51865 he messages here for us as well and will take good care of you.

I did a lot of research on the Goodyaer F1 Gs-D3's last year and they were my favorite pick hands down. Now I find a great price on them (size isn't ideal at 235/40/17 on stock rims) but I found out they are being discontinued. I know a guy who works for Discount tire that will let me bring them in unmounted and allow me to purchase the road hazard on them but im concerned. With a discontinued tire (that is like 3 years old before it goes onto my rim!!!!) what will they do If, heaven forbids, I get dmg that is not repairable. I am considering a few other tires such as the Michelin PS2's, Bridgestone Pole Positions (RE050A), Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym's (replacing the GS-d3'????) Yokohama S.Drive's and the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and a couple others I can't recall right now.

Any thoughts? I need something that won't leave me hydroplaning when it rains (rarely but the built up oil on the road doesn't help!) and rides decently comfortably and will last me at least 25-30K miles when driven softly 95% of the time. I got 50K out of the stock lops if that helps. Discount tire has always taken good care of me and my friends as well, would like to hear your opinion.
I am also a fan of the GSD3 they are a fantastic tire. If you like them then you would love the Eagle F1 All seasons. These are cream of the crop ultra high performance all seasons. I would aim for those if I were you. If the sticker is a little too rich consider the Eagle GT's as stated above. I did a ride and drive with Goodyear last fall and took both of these tires through very wet conditions and couldn't hardly get them to break loose (3 series BMW with traction control). Sure oily roads could change that dramatically with any tire but I was very impressed with how they both did. You should easily get over 30K with either of these tires.

As for the Certificate for free replacements here are the terms and conditions. Certificates for Free Replacement We will do the best we can for you. Our Certificates for Free Replacement are the best in the industry.

Also if you are wanting to purchase new tires now. We are running some goodyear rebates that can save you some money. Goodyear Rebates

21 - 27 of 27 Posts