Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2004 ion RL began to take a long time to start, with many turn overs of the crank. i took it to 3 shops and no one could figure it out, the scan tool reads that the cam shaft positioning sensor is not responding, so we replaced that and didnt work, so i replaced the pcm and that didnt fix it, the wiring harness to the pcm all checks out good so does pcm and so does cam shaft sensor. but the pcm doesnt seem to see the sensor. they said if anyone has a tsb number for hard starting that could work, but they dont have one. anyone have any ideas or the tsb number?

·
I
7,839 Posts
Engine Cranks with No Start or Engine has Extended Crank(Greater than 3 Seconds) Before Starting TSB# 04-06-01-026

Engine Runs Rough After Extended Crank, and/or Engine Hesitation on Acceleration after Initial Cold Start During Ambient Temperatures Below 10° C (50° F) (Reprogram Powertrain Control Module [PCM]) TSB# 05-06-04-006

That should get you started. Do you get the security warning? Maybe try ignition module?

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
do the obvious and check your battery. then check your engine ground for corrosion (it connects to the frame under the ABS module)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
do the obvious and check your battery. then check your engine ground for corrosion (it connects to the frame under the ABS module)

Reread your post. Ask yourself a few questions.
-Have I tried the "Search" feature?
-What kind of person do I come across as to others?
-Is ALL of the information included to ask the stated question or to make any points?
-What kind of responses should I really expect to what I've just written?
Ideally, do this BEFORE you hit "Submit"
bro calm your shit, i'm just asking for help, if you want to be a jackass then please don't reply to my post, if you don't want to help, then please don't reply to my post and i would recommend getting off the forum, because there here to not, not proclaim your arrogance to the world. and maybe next time you need help people wont be so kind as to help.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
hahaha! there'd be a whole lot more broken redlines in the world if it wasn't for my contributions to this forum, trust me.

my signature was never specifically intended for you. it has been in place months before you ever posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts