Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone contacted any wheel companies that make LIGHTWEIGHT FORGED wheels? The wheel selection for our cars is really sad. We get mostly crappy companies making wheels for our cars. We drive a performance sport compact w/ companies making NON-performance wheels for our rides. Put 2 and 2 together, not that hard. They need to realise that people that are going to be making tuning and supporting this car dont want 20lbs+ wheels that are not forged. Jesus, i've done my bitchin' for the day..anyone else?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
dL_RL said:
Has anyone contacted any wheel companies that make LIGHTWEIGHT FORGED wheels? The wheel selection for our cars is really sad. We get mostly crappy companies making wheels for our cars. We drive a performance sport compact w/ companies making NON-performance wheels for our rides. Put 2 and 2 together, not that hard. They need to realise that people that are going to be making tuning and supporting this car dont want 20lbs+ wheels that are not forged. Jesus, i've done my bitchin' for the day..anyone else?

I may be wrong but didn't someone say SAAB wheels would fit our cars? I dont know what exactly you are looking for but I did notice Tirerack.com had some wheels that will fit the Redline.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
We do have fairly lightweight wheels from the dealer as well. We have forged wheels which weigh approx. 16.5lbs. That is pretty light, especsially coming from the dealer.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Does anyone know how much space is required so that we clear our calipers. I mean our stockers come mighty close.

Also, here is a list of wheels from tirerack.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm looking for something lightweight and not polished. I'm looking for something black/gunmetal with a polished lip under 17lbs for 17's or 18's. Oh yeah, HAS to be forged.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah the same here but i'm looking for 17-18's in hyper black with the lip or gunmetal with the lip. only a lil bit closer to factory pecs of wheel weight.and yes saab wheels fir our redline. but i don't know about clearence thou.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts