Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone actually done a pulley swap on their redline? How did it turn out?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
God damn, I love the Cobalt SS with no spoiler, that thing looks bitchin.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
how much does it cost and whats the hp gain?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
sweet all it really is is just a little smaller and lighter right? or am i totally off.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
thats a what, 1 or 2 pound increase?

and yes, the cobalt ss looks SOO much better without the wing, when i think the redline looks much better with. thats weird. props on the black cobalt dude, thats the best looking stock one ive seen yet.....well, best looking cobalt ive seen yet period.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
thats a what, 1 or 2 pound increase?

and yes, the cobalt ss looks SOO much better without the wing, when i think the redline looks much better with. thats weird. props on the black cobalt dude, thats the best looking stock one ive seen yet.....well, best looking cobalt ive seen yet period.
2 psi increase

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
clownhair said:
cost was 120 for pulley, 30 to rent a puller/installer and I haent had it on a dyno to comment on HP gain.
That's ok that you don't want to give out false numbers, but do you feel more in your seat-of-the-pants gauge?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Everybody Keeps Talken About The Pcm Only Let The Boost Go To 12.5
Even If You Do The Pully Mod ?

Does It Limit The Boost Or What ?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The car limits the boost at 12. Shouldn't be 12.5, not sure. Could be 12.5, my mechanical gauge only hits about 11.5-11.75. I think it's the gauge though...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
riz906 said:
Everybody Keeps Talken About The Pcm Only Let The Boost Go To 12.5
Even If You Do The Pully Mod ?

Does It Limit The Boost Or What ?
yes and no, with the pulley you can hit 14 psi, the car then bleeds some of the boost off at the last 300 or so rpms and you will end up around 10ish.

·
Registered
629 Posts
my tec 2 has all the readings on it it hits 12.5 after 4000 grand...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
it really depends on the pulley size difference.

i have a 2.9 on my RL and it's like... 1.5lbs over the stock Stg. 2 pulley (3.05ish).

and you dun need a pulley puller after ya get th hub change. if one is not a girl about it, you can do it by hand. cheaper that way. XD

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dude, this thread is 3 years old...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
thread from 2005 ftl. haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.