Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and has it work?? did the scratches come back even after the rubber bumpers were installed?? im now noticing these and i have been EVER SO CAREFUL closing my trunk NEVER SLAMMED it because i read about it on here i put it down then very gently just nudged it closed. and i have scrathces all over the edge back thereand on the bottom of my trunk lid. im going to call the dealer tomm about it. but if i let them repaint the thing and fix it i dont feel like constantly dealing with this issue??? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought this was just me. One day I notice a whole sht load of scratches, I thought i was seeing things. Don't know what I'm going to do. I will definatley let the service dept know when I bring it in for service. :mad:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this has been brought up here many times before. a lot of people have went in to get it fixed. but some have said they saw it come right back. thats what i am afraid of.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its a bulletin. They will install some bumpers to make sure the trunk does not contact the bumper anymore. This seems to be with a spoiler. Since I got mine swaped out for a blank trunk it doesnt even get close.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only have the small spoiler on mine and it is not even close to the bumper either i can almost put my small finger in there between the bumper and the trunk lid and it still is scratching it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what kind of bumpers do they install?? does anyone have any pics of them. just wondering if i can put them on in case the dealer cant get me in right away thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
they have to drill into the rear trunk lid. I work at saturn and I orderd some for my RL. there tiny rubber bumpers that go into it so they hit the bumper instead of the metal on the trunklid they stick clear round stickes where they go so it does not ruin th bumper. ill take pics when I get it done.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do they repaint or replace the bumper??

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Just an FYI, this is happening on my car (I think I've closed the trunk 3 times since I got it) and my fathers which is a '04 4-door Sedan. There are lots of scratches from my brothers hockey bag but their are scrathes in the same spot and look the same as mine. From what me and him can conclude, it is the same problem.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just bought this car not even 500 miles i want the bumper replaced or repaired so im gonna go in tomm with guns a blazin'!!!!!!! i baby my cars they get waxed almost every weekend so this will not fly here!!!!!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
this happened to my car, my dealer repainted my bumper and trunk lid and realigned the trunk lid and it never happened agian.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If any of you notice with the big aero wing driving at highway speeds, the wing vibrates quite a bit. I am sure that this causes the trunk to constantly rub with the bumper and is probably more so of an issue than closing the trunk lid itself. Even the smaller decklid wings will vibrate and cause the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.