Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get an ION REDLINE in the next couple of weeks,and I have a few questions.

1. how is it on gas.
2. how many miles can you get out of a tank.
3. how reliable is the car I want to use it as a daily driver(90mi round trip to work).
4.what dose everyone think about the car overall.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i personally get like 200 miles to tank, but i do not run below 1/4 tank normally, and i drive city every day... very rarely does mine hit the hiway

i fill up, usally 9-10 gallons..

Xau

·
Registered
141 Posts
rgtxxx said:
Im looking to get an ION REDLINE in the next couple of weeks,and I have a few questions.

1. how is it on gas.
3. how reliable is the car I want to use it as a daily driver(90mi round trip to work).

Thanks for your time.
I love mine.. extremely happy with it..
1. Great on gas.. i used to have a mustang so it is like night and day..
2. Dont know exactly.. but i fill up about every week and a half to two weeks.. and it is usually at half a tank, or a little less than half a tank..
3. I use mine as a daily driver.. I dont go that far to work, but i drive it everywhere i go.. mine has been pretty reliable.. some other people have had a few problems..
4. I LOVE IT (is that the answer you were looking for.. haha :D )

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm get 32 to 35 mpg highway. Driving in town I get like 25 mpg, 20mpg if I keep my foot in it and really have some fun.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's ok on gas, I get about 250-280 miles to a tank. For a daily driver it is great. I drive about 80 miles round trip every day for work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
I'm get 32 to 35 mpg highway. Driving in town I get like 25 mpg, 20mpg if I keep my foot in it and really have some fun.
How are you getting close to 35mpg highway??? You must baby the car like nothing else because I drove a full tank on highway this weekend babying the car and maxed out around 28 mpg. Not that I doubt you are getting that but it just amazes me you are getting that many more mpg than what the car is rated at. I use mine as a daily driver, about 65 miles back and forth to work each day and I have been getting about 25mpg, it was around 23 before my ECU was reflashed. I had a civic before this which got like 38mpg so my wallet is kinda hurtin now but the car more than makes up for it in the enjoyment department.

·
Registered
556 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
I'm getting 32 to 35 mpg highway. Driving in town I get like 25 mpg, 20mpg if I keep my foot in it and really have some fun.
I, too, max out at 28 mpg on the highway.

I'm sorry, and no offense, but I'm raising the B.S. flag on this one. :(

If you're getting 35 mpg, then I say you're calculating your fuel usage incorrectly.

Please explain in detail your procedure. Octane rating. Also, your normal driving habits and styles because I can't even believe you're getting 32 mpg. :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dam! how are you guys even getting 28mpg maybe there is something wrong with mine but the best I have seen is 25 highway and I am not saying that I baby my car but I don't drive it like a bat out of hell (well sometimes I do). I honestly think specially in my car that the city/highway mpg are way off. Today I filled off and I averaged a personall city/higway combined best of 24.5mpg and that surprised the heck out of me. To compared my old car was a nissan sentra spec-v rated 23 city 29 highway and I drove that son of a bitch like there was no tomorrow and I still average city/higway 27mpg. Nothing that this car even compares to my RL , and I would not trade anyday my RL power for some spec-v good mpg's.

·
Registered
764 Posts
All my driving is basically around town stop and go driving, and the best I've gotten is 22 MPG. Maybe the ECU update would help. Is the ECU update a recall? Did saturn actually tell you to come in and get it updated? When I first picked mine up (used with 2k miles on it), I asked about any recalls and they said that there weren't any. I have to take it in for an oil change soon. Should i ask them about the ECU update?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I find it is a little worse on gas than my cavi (no kidding!), but I still get around 400KM to the tank. I haven't had a problem with it (only owned for 1.5 months now tho) and I absolutly love it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rgtxxx said:

1. how is it on gas.

Thanks for your time.
1.) Pretty good, if you drive it like most of us, you'll get over 20. Now that it's warm I'm getting 25ish.
2.) 12 (11?) Gallon tank * 20+ mpg...
3.) Had one issue with it right away, there has since been a recall on it, and I understand all new ones, on the lot are to be serviced before sold. So that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
4.) I freakin love it... quick, torquey, great handling.

I use it for a daily driver too, about 60 miles roundtrip, through Chicago traffic everyday. There's also nothing like smoking someone in a Saturn...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love It !!!!!

Who Cares About Gas Mileage ... When You Get Behind The Wheel Of This Car It Won't Matter To You. It's My Daily Driver And My Favorite Car So Far. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand that its fun to drive,but I'm coming from a 05 subaru legacy gt that is modded alot.(297hp at wheels 0-60 4.8). So i'm more intrested in gas then speed. I'm only getting 17 freeway so I'm looking for something in the range of 25 plus. But I still want to have fun with a car,so thats why I'm looking at the redline.
THANKS

·
Registered
127 Posts
rgtxxx said:
I understand that its fun to drive,but I'm coming from a 05 subaru legacy gt that is modded alot.(297hp at wheels 0-60 4.8). So i'm more intrested in gas then speed. I'm only getting 17 freeway so I'm looking for something in the range of 25 plus. But I still want to have fun with a car,so thats why I'm looking at the redline.
THANKS
25 MPG is about the upper limit on the highway, around 20 is what I get on the streets. If you drive around 55 MPH (test speed for EPA) all day, maybe you can get higher mileage, but like I said before here, I don't know why anyone would buy a Red Line and drive 55 MPH all day on highways. That's like getting an SUV but never go off-roading with it. Wait a minute, not a good comparing example. But you get my drift.

·
Registered
258 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
The car is awesome... but i didnt buy it for the gas mileage.. :cool:
What SHE said! and to add my 2 cents: No car will give you more grins for the buck! :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
I normally get 23.5 to 24.5 mpg with a mix of city and freeway driving. I took a road trip (1400 miles total) and average 28 mpg cruising at 95 mph. Actually got better mileage crusing at that speed then at 80 mph.

Tom

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i just drove back from SC 2 days ago... there and back on 1 tank (about 320 miles). went to pick up a car for my fellow marine. he bought an 04 RX-8, it looks cleaner (sorta) than the RL.. but i left him in the dust the whole way back to Ga. we were averagin 'bout 110. he filled up b-4 we left, i was @ a lil over half a tank.
when we got back to base, he was @ 1/8 tank, and i was just a lil over empty. you do the math.

im a firm believer that this thing gets better MPG doing about 95 vs. 80. thoughts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts