Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight a friend and I replaced my front pads/rotors. Here are some photos from the event.

Everything went well. Discovered drivers side boot in the caliper is going bad so that needs to be replaced. Gotta pick up the part on Tuesday. Also discovered my ball joints are pretty much fucked. FE5 LCA + Spherical bushings here I come. Everything else seemed in good shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Those look like the same rotors I have. Seem to be working well.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I believe I got mine from tire rack. I just spun it in with needle nose pliers. Just kept turning until it seemed like enough to clear rotor with pads.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
would you say you went flush with the caliper housing ?
I did, it will bottom out when it is good. Don't worry about going too far; it will just readjust itself accordingly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
what about the sliders were they easy to get out and grease up? do i need to grease anything else so nothing seizes up on me.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
would you say you went flush with the caliper housing ?
Sorry for slow response, have not been on in a couple of days.

I turned them in as far as they would "easily" turn which was almost flush with the housing. My remembrance was it was out just a bit from flush. As long as it clears the pads on the rotor, that's enough. I did them last summer, so...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Regrettably I have not done the LCA's or bushings yet. Had to dump some money into repairing my front bumper. I need a new IC Pump and Master Clutch Cylinder. Gonna be a few weeks before I get the LCA's unless some sort of majickal bullshit happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts