Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone that's received the header actually dyno'd it to determine if the 10% increase in WHP is there? i'd like to see some numbers, and track times from any of you guys. escpecailly if you've installed the headers onto a stock car.

this makes me think we should have an official DYNO thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
the dyno at scdyne.com read a jump from 205 hp (arent our cars dynoing above 210 min hp???) to 230?!..this seems outrageous..hopefully its true tho...please verify for us! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nobody????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Mine isn't on yet... (waiting for gasket, but I might just say screw it and use the new stock one I have laying around. I'll be at Psi-Fi this weekend... so maybe we'll do the header too....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SilverBulletRL said:
Mine isn't on yet... (waiting for gasket, but I might just say screw it and use the new stock one I have laying around. I'll be at Psi-Fi this weekend... so maybe we'll do the header too....
looking forward to the results! i'm kind of pissed i didn't hold out on the header myself, but i'll just hold off until someone puts out a race header to replace the cat with a 3" collector.

mostly, i'm waiting to see if the claimed number are true. it would also be nice to get some track times...

with the claimed increase, we should be in the 13's easy with only the header, not to mention those with intakes and exhaust work done on top of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
redlineRACER said:
the dyno at scdyne.com read a jump from 205 hp (arent our cars dynoing above 210 min hp???) to 230?!..this seems outrageous..hopefully its true tho...please verify for us! :)

they are dynoing stock 190-210 whp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
I am going to the dyno at the end of the month.

Only thing that sucks is, the morining I did my base dyno (numbers in sig) it was 59 degrees out. Now when I go back, the weather is warmer in the mornings so........

It will give a roundabout gain on the header even though the conditions will not be "exactly" the same.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
You should be able the get the shop to do the temperature conversions for you. I've seen or read a whole chart of how to do that conversion, OH! Check www.greatlakesdragaway.com, somewhere on there they have a conversion chart for all that kinda stuff. It might not be right, but check there if you're worried about it. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the web otherwise...

Edited: Nope, they just give it for MPH adjustments....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
JPK said:
I am going to the dyno at the end of the month.

Only thing that sucks is, the morining I did my base dyno (numbers in sig) it was 59 degrees out. Now when I go back, the weather is warmer in the mornings so........

It will give a roundabout gain on the header even though the conditions will not be "exactly" the same.

This is why you should use a dynojet dyno. It has a temp and presure sensor and coverts hp and torque to what it would be at STP. It also uses wheel speed and engine speed to covert to a 1:1 gear ratio. So no matter where you are how hot or cold it is or what gear you have it in it will give you the same hp readings. All dynos can be calibrated but most are calibrated manualy so there is room for alot off error. If you wanted to dyno your car on a 15* day, bellow sea level and in first gear and tell the computer it is 115* out, you are on top of a mountan and in fith gear, you will get a hp reading that is really skewed. On a properly calibrated dyno the RL puts down about 190 hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Mikesredline said:
This is why you should use a dynojet dyno. It has a temp and presure sensor and coverts hp and torque to what it would be at STP. It also uses wheel speed and engine speed to covert to a 1:1 gear ratio. So no matter where you are how hot or cold it is or what gear you have it in it will give you the same hp readings. All dynos can be calibrated but most are calibrated manualy so there is room for alot off error. If you wanted to dyno your car on a 15* day, bellow sea level and in first gear and tell the computer it is 115* out, you are on top of a mountan and in fith gear, you will get a hp reading that is really skewed. On a properly calibrated dyno the RL puts down about 190 hp.
The shop I go to and get dynoed uses a dynojet.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
I think everyone here has, at least the ones that I've seen charts for...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and they've mostly been around 210 or so.

either way, let us know when you get it on the dyno, i've been looking forward to this...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
All the information on that page is used for correcting a naturally aspirated motor though. There are different factors to consider when looking at a forced induction engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blu_Redline said:
Mine was done on a Dynojet and corrected to SAE and it was 211, 214 & 216 HP.
with the header on? if so, did you have a baseline?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top