Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some time next week ill be taking my car down to this shop www.forcedfab.com for a catback and possibly header and downpipe, we are going to throw around some ideas and get close to a ballpark. just want to know who would be down with purchasing one?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would be interested if there is power gains without the headache that everyone had with Scyne.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I would also want to see some backed up numbers, with dyno results. Not claimed gains with a chart made in paint.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Count me in, as long as the price is decent.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will have more info next week. ill have them build a prototype for me but have them plan to build as many as 10 maybe.

and these will be mild steel headers coated in jet hot. so it keeps the cost down but still will not rust.

and Sinister redlines where did you get your 3inch drop sprints?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Forced Fab does good work. They did a custom turbo set-up on my friends (Cheesecake on SRD), it's a mean set-up and they did a great job on it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Header for me...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would be interested also............need more speed!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now i dont know the details of how we would do this but im sure ill head up the group buy when more info is released.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Before they start have them look at the header weapon r is making for the eco cavys they got the equal legnth by going up then down with the header I thought about getting this header till I saw it was 1 5/8" primary with 2 1/4" outlet.
Basicly its set up for N/A not boosted.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well this is going to be a 1 3/4 primary, with 3 inch collector, with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, we do not need 3 inch exhaust and more than likely will hurt us, we are not turboed so we do not have a turbo in the exhaust path to create backpressure, just because we are boosted doesnt mean we need 3 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
629 Posts
me too , you can get the header flange from gm racing ...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
BlackLine said:
well this is going to be a 1 3/4 primary, with 3 inch collector, with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, we do not need 3 inch exhaust and more than likely will hurt us, we are not turboed so we do not have a turbo in the exhaust path to create backpressure, just because we are boosted doesnt mean we need 3 inch exhaust.

I didnt mean that we needed 3" all the way I just meant that 1 5/8" primary and 2 1/4" collector was just right for a N/A not our application. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
BlackLine said:
So you plan to ditch the cat then?
WopOnTour

1 - 20 of 21 Posts