Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for headlight and tail light tints to smoke or black them out. Does anybody know where to find some good ones? Thanks

-Dan

·
Registered
651 Posts
Do an Ebay search I just saw some on there for our headlights like 2 days ago.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
No "tints" for either. It's called VHT nightshades. It comes in a rattle can and you spray it on your lenses.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
No not personally but several on here are sporting it. Takes a little prep work, but the end result is great if applied properly.

·
Registered
920 Posts
ebay has pre-cut tint for the headlights, but I have not seen anything for the tails. Like Cat Ion said, most will use Nightshades for this. I haven't done this on my ion, but I have used it before on one of my old cars.

·
Registered
920 Posts
it does if you do a good job, I know there are a few threads on here that show pics of how it turned out for some members. You'll just have to search a little. Check in the Visual Modifications section though

**Edit: we are in visual mods section**

·
Registered
920 Posts
Whenever I get around to it i'm just taking mine to the tint shop around here. They are going to use some thicker "tint" for the front and rear.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
heres pics of mine with the nite shade...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Philzoot007 that looks hot! Thats exactly what i want to do. Did you take the lights off first? Did you use the night shade on the corners too or is that something else? And what size is the touch screen im looking to get a 7" Alpine one does it fit well?

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
Philzoot007 that looks hot! Thats exactly what i want to do. Did you take the lights off first? Did you use the night shade on the corners too or is that something else? And what size is the touch screen im looking to get a 7" Alpine one does it fit well?

yes i tok the lights off. it is very simple to so if u have some type of smarts. i use the nite shade get 2 cans. take lights off. clean with fantastick or somwthing. use the creen 3m scuff pad. scuff it up very good. clean again. tape the back of the lights off. start to tint. when u get the desired darknes let dry. i waited 2 hours. sanded with 1500 grit. then used the scuff pad again. clean. then clear. lay the clear as thick as possible to the the glossyest look. u can sand and polish the clear after it has dried if u want.

the doubledin look great in the car. u need certain thing for it to look like factory. i know theparts and number s if u need them.
my screen is like 6.5 inches or something i think. 7 should be fine. might need to modify the bracket. i would have to see how the one u get hooks up.

·
Registered
651 Posts
niteshade looks awesome but if you wind up getting a fixit ticket it's gonna be a PITA to scrape off it looks like. If you could even do it. I guess you could keep a spare set of lights around

·
Registered
519 Posts
this thread
check mine
they are still on the car and nothing got off lol

this september so about 3-4 months after the job and now still in great shape :)
this spring i'll add 1 more layer overthen then clear coat or simply clearcoat them... ""keep in mind i keep my original head in the trunk""

i love that pic (the corner wasn't completed yet)

they look so dark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts