Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
amishland said:
sorry i dont know what you guys are talking about SCCA parts?
I was looking over the SCCA classifications for the Ion Redline and came across the list of parts that were listed in the other post. The one that says 'Does this make sense to anyone'. It came with a list of GM parts that would alter the 'stock' Redline. After some questioning the SCCA person I was talking to told me what was quoted above. This means, as far as I can tell, that there is a list of factory performance upgrades that will become available.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
good job man, it just keeps getting better. wonder what the status will be a full year from release (wasn't it in late may, i got mine in june and it wasn't affected by any of the recalls)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
487 Posts
from the other thread:

OK here is the skinny that I could get,

This guy is Mike(?) Kramer, and is a saturn insider, that races ALOT in SCCA, and has in the past made his own parts for T2 for a 97SC2 and given them factory PM#'s and only 2-3 of them ever existed. Being a big wig at saturn/gm and the SCCA he has made it a perosnal mission to make the RL competitive in T2, he got smoked last year. Of course, it runs with f-body's audi TT's, evo's, etc

My guy is gunna call a friend that may have more info and let me know if hears anything

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got an email to the technical directors at the SCCA that wrote the bulletin that I read. Hopefully one of our sources come thorough quick! I'm real interested to know how to get this stuff, and when. I think the guy at Saturn I talked to knew what those part numbers were. Not the specific parts, but I think he knew that the XPI code at the beginning meant "Shut the hell up". Maybe not, but he sure did act alot different after he heard the first three letters, cut me off at that point, and said they weren't valid part numbers. The guy at Chevy was real nice about it, I just don't think he know, or knew how to handle me better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Hey guys, I just spoke to the parts guy at Saturn of Naperville, and he said that he could get aftermarket/ hi-performance stuff in his shop & sell through Saturn but that WE have to show INTEREST. Otherwise they will not think it's worth their time. BTW he also said that '85 or '87 Grand National fuel injectors will work in our cars...& bigger injectors mean what? So you guys that are more knowledgeable in this, check it out & see if he's right.

·
Registered
674 Posts
SatredL said:
BTW he also said that '85 or '87 Grand National fuel injectors will work in our cars.
Might want to find a new source for injector info. For starters stock GN Bosch injectors are 29.8 lb/hr. The RL's injectors are Siemans Deka 36 lb/hr, not much of a gain here. Second the weather tight connectors are not the same, this would require either hacking the harness or replacing the entire thing with the correct plug.

·
Registered
135 Posts
haunter said:
from the other thread:

OK here is the skinny that I could get,

This guy is Mike(?) Kramer, and is a saturn insider, that races ALOT in SCCA, and has in the past made his own parts for T2 for a 97SC2 and given them factory PM#'s and only 2-3 of them ever existed. Being a big wig at saturn/gm and the SCCA he has made it a perosnal mission to make the RL competitive in T2, he got smoked last year. Of course, it runs with f-body's audi TT's, evo's, etc

My guy is gunna call a friend that may have more info and let me know if hears anything

In 03 he ran the 97 SC2 in showroom stock class (i don't remember wich one). 04 He ran the Redline in T2. Here is a picture of his car last year at the Kohler Runoffs at Mid Ohio Race car course. I have been there the past 4 years. :D

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/15829/sort/2/cat/500/page/2

He was not doing to good because in practice he slid off the road pretty hard and hurt his leg. His inside wheel was spinning like crazy coming out of the turns.

he was running against lets see if I can remember... a couple mustangs, 3or 4 srt-4s, s2000, cadillacs, bmw m3 and some others that I can't remember.

here is his website

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=10200&ck=

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More good stuff...

I finally got a response from the Tech guys at the SCCA on the parts I posted here previously, here's what they say:

I have spoken to GM and the parts are still being finalized. The parts that were submitted, along with the part numbers, were experimental parts. GM has said they are working to finalize the part numbers and should have the availability sorted out soon.

-Jeremy
Sounds like good stuff...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts