Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my car back from the dealership and they replaced the air flow senor injectors and headers and now my car has an idle from 500 to 1.5k rpms and then sometimes itll shut off when stopped anyone have any idea what the deal is? :huh:

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Both headers? What was wrong with them? And my guess would be a vac leak around pne or more injectors.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
A dirty throttle body will cause idle seek. Not usually that bad though. What was it doing before you went to the dealer and he replaced all kinds of stuff? Who paid? You or warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was idle bad at all and i payed out of pocket, it was just a normal idle then it broke down took it in to get it fixed saying it had a rough idle and they had to detune it to see what it was and i explained my tune would have anything to do with it since its been that way for 2 years. when it drives its fine i get on it goes without any problem but when im stopped shit either goes from 1.5 to basically 100 and back idk whats wrong ill clean my throttle body today would it be the air filter or spark plugs maybe?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Clean the MAF while your doing the TB. Start there, then go air filer, etc.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
What was the original reason you took it in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts