Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello from Central FL. My boy picked up a new Cobalt SS recently and wants me to make it fast for him. Haven't had any luck with Cobalt forums so I've come over to it's brother the Red Line. Any other SS owners in this forum?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
hello from the guy over at saturnfans haha.

there arent too many cobalt ss's sold in the country. as of yet anyway, so ur one of the first especially here.....i'll count u as an owner ;) haha.

but basically if a product is out for the redline, its been out for the cobalt for at least 6 months lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's up. You're the one calling the pushrod engine pitiful over at saturnfans aren't you? Hey it doesn't matter. :) I'm just trying to get some good solid info on modding this engine. That post by SCDyne saying how the supercharger is maxed out was horse crap, he's just trying to push his own product. Once the aftermarket jumps on this engine these cars will be whooping ass! And more than likely without twin charging.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, you're extremeSC2 in the 1/4 mi thread I started at saturnfans. I'm bouncing back and forth between here, saturnfans and my home LS1Tech.com. What can I say, I'm a horsepower junkie! But BlackRedline is going to put the smack down on alot of people. I'm checking out that link she posted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you trying to throw a B.S flag? It's real. I don't have a digital camera so I can't post a picture. Trust me, it's real. He ordered the car and paid a markup. I'm not going to jump through hoops to post a pic just so you can talk to me. It looks like I'm going to do my own thing modding it anyway. No one seems to have any definite knowledge of this engine and are just waiting for companies to tell them what works. If any of you Saturn owners in Orlando were out at OSW wed night then you saw the car. It was the only red Cobalt SS out there. He got there late and only made two runs.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes and no on the B.S. flag - but mostly, we'd just like to see a picture of someone's SS. Your son's would be the first. That's kind of exciting.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not my son. He's my friend. You want pics of the Camaro too? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Debary/Deltona. I was being sarcastic about the Camaro pics. I don't own a digital camera and really don't have time or money to mess around the computer with things like that. All of my money is going to a turbo setup for my LS1. So I'm too broke to buy a digital camera, I'd rather spend it on making my car faster. But if he wants to call B.S. then so be it.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Yeah, I figured as much about the sarcasim, I sounded just as sarcastic with my comment, but in person. Once you get the turbo set up on, I hope you have another daily driver, or have even more fun with gas.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a beater. But I'm a street racer so I could care less about gas mileage, my main goal is having the fastest car on the block.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts