Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, my girlfriend has a redline, and this site has helped a ton with tuning tips and information. It was in bad shape when we met, between a bad tune the old owner did, suspension problems, you name it. The intercooler pump wasn't working for a long time I discovered. Fixed the old one for now, have a highflow coming, and updating to the three port system. Anyways, thanks to everyone here for keeping me from pulling all my hair out. Random thoughts. Maybe you would have some input. My thought is by using c02 to cool the water on the intercooler system thus creating cooler IAT temps. I have seen systems that spray c02 on the intercooler, but then you always have to refill the bottle. If there was a way to design a recirculation system that could either be tightly copper coil wrapped around the cooling line, or chill the intercooler somehow. Idk. Thoughts? I work for a fire suppression company and have unlimited access to c02

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Iirc it was tried years ago with really no significant results. Something my buddy and I have been toying with the idea of is relocating the pump into the bumper or closer to the fender to try and cut some of the heat soak from the engine down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts