Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im a new member who just purchased my first Redline. My name is Steven, I have owned Ions in the past but this is my first performance one. A 2004 Redline with 169k and runs and drives great. Im currently fighting a Passlock issue so if anyone has any suggestions i appreciate it. Recall was done but i got the blinking light and "service vehicle" message. 10 minutes later she starts. Anyway thought i would introduce myself

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello im a new member who just purchased my first Redline. My name is Steven, I have owned Ions in the past but this is my first performance one. A 2004 Redline with 169k and runs and drives great. Im currently fighting a Passlock issue so if anyone has any suggestions i appreciate it. Recall was done but i got the blinking light and "service vehicle" message. 10 minutes later she starts. Anyway thought i would introduce myself

Welcome to the R/L! how long ago was the recall done? Obviously done by a GM dealer correct? Maybe try a re-learn again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the previous owner told me the recalls for the steering, ignition, and airbag were all done not too sure how long ago. must have been a while because he told me he has been dealing with the problem and he had tried Duralast and AC Delco switches so hes been troubleshooting it for a while too. i heard it could also be the BCM. if thats the case whats the repair for that? i was also told if i cut the white wire while running the no start goes away for good but will the messages still display on the dash?

somebody showed me a VATS bypass module for about 25.00 on ebay that substitutes the resistor to allow the car to start. anybody try this? i have heard a few different things to try here are any of these viable solutions? from what i read there seem to be many solutions but nothing that really fixes the problem. any advice?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well i just got back from installing the new ignition switch. Was pretty painless and the car fired right up without a relearn not sure why? The 1904337 part number is the new switch.

Also while i was there i installed these aftermarket smoked euro tail lights
So it was the wrong switch installed from the recall? I was going to ask that initially but I figured if a dealer did it, they wouldn’t put the old part in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it was the wrong switch installed from the recall? I was going to ask that initially but I figured if a dealer did it, they wouldn’t put the old part in.
so i got in contact with the previous owner and i was told he installed that switch after the recall repair failed. either way the car is starting every time now and ill report back when/if i run into trouble again. i did buy an original recall repair switch (23215459) to keep on hand in case i need it.

on a side note i posted some pics of my car on a Redline Facebook group and got many negative comments such as "eww an 04 set it on fire" and "part the car out" "piece of junk". i posted pics of the tail lights i installed and i was told i gave the car herpes and that i dont deserve the car :rolleyes:

this is the worst i have been treated on a car enthusiasts FB page. doesnt change how i feel about the car they can all go :fu: themselves

·
Registered
22 Posts
so i got in contact with the previous owner and i was told he installed that switch after the recall repair failed. either way the car is starting every time now and ill report back when/if i run into trouble again. i did buy an original recall repair switch (23215459) to keep on hand in case i need it.

on a side note i posted some pics of my car on a Redline Facebook group and got many negative comments such as "eww an 04 set it on fire" and "part the car out" "piece of junk". i posted pics of the tail lights i installed and i was told i gave the car herpes and that i dont deserve the car :rolleyes:

this is the worst i have been treated on a car enthusiasts FB page. doesnt change how i feel about the car they can all go :fu: themselves

Good to hear you fixed it!!

Hahaha! I did see that on there, also a member. It's a very "diverse" crowd to say the least. I had an 03 QC for 13 years and Saturnalia was definitely theeee best forum I have ever been on. A lot of knowledge and hardly any bashing no matter what you posted. Just have some tough skin, a sense of humor and just give it back to them. I've found it helpful to PM the guys you see post their knowledge on there and usually they are cool about it. Just don't be a pita lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well to update once again the Passlock no start showed it's ugly face again. I have been dealing with this for a while now. Pretty much learning to live with it. On a positive note I just had the engine cradle primed and repainted, and the clutch replaced. I used stock parts for the clutch because the PO gave me a complete clutch kit. He was gonna replace the clutch because he was having pedal problems. Turned out there was a piston on the pedal that needed replacing instead so he never used it.

I had it put in when they redid the cradle. I'm currently working on my stage 2 project and installing a new (used) supercharger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts