Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Don't have a redline per se, but my car (Ariel Atom) is powered by a supercharged Ecotec so there is some commonality between us.

Signed up to check out some of the more technical info on the Ecotec, and maybe do a little socializing too. I'll try not to be too weird. :freak5:

For those of you who are interested, here's a pic of my Atom:

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
welcome wool - hope you put me down as a referrer ;)

your car is uber pimp man, when did you get 'er? where do you live? how's it drive?

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Damn sweet Atom man.. welcome to the forums? Which engine package?!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ooooo....an Atom....

I wish I had expendable cash, but being in college sucks sometimes.

Lots of good info here, just spend some time poking around and you'll find a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's powered by a 300hp 2.0L supercharged Ecotec. I don't have too much more technical info about it (yet)...that's one of the reasons I joined this board. I figure I'll learn more about the powerplant here. :)

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
mrwoolery said:
Hi folks,

Don't have a redline per se, but my car (Ariel Atom) is powered by a supercharged Ecotec so there is some commonality between us.

Signed up to check out some of the more technical info on the Ecotec, and maybe do a little socializing too. I'll try not to be too weird. :freak5:

For those of you who are interested, here's a pic of my Atom:

i hate you

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Very nice man..very nice. I'm not sure if they use our same PCM or not.. I wonder if they changed any internals or not with the 300hp build..hmmmmmm or if it's 300bhp or 300whp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nerp, my first name is not Chuck. LOL

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
mrwoolery said:
Nerp, my first name is not Chuck. LOL
Had to ask, lol. I'm very curious if the car has the "Stage 3" PCM in it. You have to meet up with someone with HP Tuners access to get that thing scanned! PLEASE! lol.

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
mrwoolery said:
It's powered by a 300hp 2.0L supercharged Ecotec. I don't have too much more technical info about it (yet)...that's one of the reasons I joined this board. I figure I'll learn more about the powerplant here. :)
Do you know anything about the ECM? Is it OBDII compatable?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I assume, though it's stage III, it's not running nitrous?

I'm sure they have there ways of eeking out 300 hp w/o a bottle lol. Hell stage II with a different pulley and better tune can easily give you 300 crank, and with some work 300 whp.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
SLSduke82 said:
I assume, though it's stage III, it's not running nitrous?

I'm sure they have there ways of eeking out 300 hp w/o a bottle lol. Hell stage II with a different pulley and better tune can easily give you 300 crank, and with some work 300 whp.
I assume that his car is not running an A/C compressor, and they may have even swapped a smaller (amperage wise) alternator in there, too, so that'd already give him a headstart in power.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Shabodah said:
I assume that his car is not running an A/C compressor, and they may have even swapped a smaller (amperage wise) alternator in there, too, so that'd already give him a headstart in power.
Mmm..that reminds me.. I need to get on that when I yank my motor. New bracket :D

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Does it have the F35 trans?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
See, now the last review/article I saw on the atom was that they were available w/ the base 205hp LSJ, or with the stage kit upgrades, never heard a 300hp rating, but I wouldn't doubt it if they used a similar build as the GMPD.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts