Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my redline in for 2 recalls, one of them was the camshaft sensor and i can't remember what the other one was, but monday it will be 3(!!!!!!!) weeks that they've had my car. wtf??? what i understand after talking to the manager was that after the recall was done i had to try and start my car several times before it would turn over, the car thinks i'm stealing it. has anybody else had this trouble? or know what i should do? being a woman isn't making this any easier, i think they are giving me the runaround...suggestions please!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had a bad problem with my cam sensor. I had to try and start it 2 to 3 time to get it to run. My car never thought I was trying to steal it. It was the cam sensor and time was off one tooth I was told. I had to Call Saturn Customer Service and complain. I also threatened with the go old lemon law and that got them moving!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found the 800 number on the paperwork they sent me, thanks for answering, i'll give them a call tormorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
no problem! hope it works out!

·
Registered
786 Posts
karma said:
i found the 800 number on the paperwork they sent me, thanks for answering, i'll give them a call tormorrow!
That 800 number is like calling the Secret Service! I've been telling my dealer they overcharged me 20$ on my registration and they told me for three months, "Don't worry, if you were overcharged you'll get a rebate check". Called the 800 # and one week later the dealer called and and said they had a rebate check for me. I went to pick it up an the sales manager was iritated, just handed me the check-no thanks you, have a nice day, nothing. I opened it up at home and it was 321$. They must have gotten a real ass reaming from corporate.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
karma said:
i took my redline in for 2 recalls, one of them was the camshaft sensor and i can't remember what the other one was, but monday it will be 3(!!!!!!!) weeks that they've had my car. wtf??? what i understand after talking to the manager was that after the recall was done i had to try and start my car several times before it would turn over, the car thinks i'm stealing it. has anybody else had this trouble? or know what i should do? being a woman isn't making this any easier, i think they are giving me the runaround...suggestions please!!
Ask them if they have checked the passlock sensor. I have not heard of this trouble on a RL, but it happens with IONS frequently.

·
I
7,838 Posts
When i had my cam sensor done it had the same problem with taking a while to start. I took it back in and it took them the entire day to figure out that when they redid it they were supposed to check the timing as well. Oh well it's fixed. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still no answers from saturn. they told me that a guy is coming in from GM to take a look tomorrow. could i have the lemon redline??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a possibly similar problem after having the cam shaft timing sensor recall done.

It turned out that the tech did not fit the timing belt correctly. It took him 2 attempts and some surfing to finally get it right. I only know this because they actually documented it all on the invoice! Sometimes too much info is not a good thing! :eek: Does not do much for ones confidence in ones tech.

Get them to check the timing.

H.T.H.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts