Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Help get me started

901 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  djames 
#1 ·
Okay, so the other day my ODB2 port and my cigarette lighter in the front wouldn't work.

turned out to be a blown 15 amp fuse.

put fuse in, neither still worked.

Here is where it gets even more fucked up. Now NOTHING in the car works power wise, no power locks, no sunroof, no windows, no accessories, no radio, no dash lights, no blinkers, no brake lights.

power mirrors work.

my wideband Air fuel ratio gauge wont turn on, and my boost gauge has no lights but still works.

The car starts up just fine, and runs just fine, no problems at all. Just Electronically is basically dead.

Heat and A/C works as well.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting this problem, but I'm thinking a wire chase is to be started soon here. Anyone else have this odd peculiar problem before? Any advice on where to maybe start looking for the culprit would be greatly appreciated ASAP!

also the car has a remote start system and the other day I tried to fidget with it at oriellys and all the lights came on and flashed etc, but nothing still works. no key fob, but still makes clicking noise when you try to lock doors etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
Check/ clean all ground to chassis.. the area 5 of them if i remember correctly.. I can't remember the locations of them..
If this issue started with a blown fuse then you probably have a short to ground issue.. ie. Exposed wire somewhere touching metal.. gong thru your wiring is a good idea...
Here's the really bad potential part..
A lot of the systems that you lost power to are controlled by the BCM.. of you had a blown fuse and it took out your BCM then you have to go to a GM dealership to get it fixed/replaced..
Start with the first items I listed and hopefully you get it fixed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.