Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody said it was a pink wire available via the kick panel on the passenger side,

well

there's lots of pink wires in there....

I looked at the back of the radio, and there's a pink wire in the bundle, but then it's all taped up tight and disappears into other bundles

can someone provide me a pic of where i can find this wire via the kick panel?
it must be just a loose wire that leads to nowhere right now....

Also, I'm guessing that the best way to provide a signal to the sub amp is by splicing into the existing speaker leads in the trunk?

thanks

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
do you have advanced audio?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There's nothing about my radio that seems very advanced

it says mp3 on it - that's kinda advanced huh?

it reminds me of those old ac delco units .... sigh

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Its pin 9 (end of a row) on a 16 pin connector if that helps. Should be the only pink wire in the connector. That connector also has the standard speaker wire colors and side impact sensors so you might want to be careful poking around.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CarNut said:
Its pin 9 (end of a row) on a 16 pin connector if that helps. Should be the only pink wire in the connector. That connector also has the standard speaker wire colors and side impact sensors so you might want to be careful poking around.

so that 16pin connector is jammed in somewhere down inside the kickpanel?

phooey

I was hoping to just find a loose pink wire tucked inside a bundle down in there somewhere

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
If you want the best remote turn on lead, its under the bottom panel of your steering column. Take off the plastic shroud on the underside of the steering column and splice into the blue wire. That is what your car uses to tell your car the ignition is on so why use anything else:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are you looking for a switched ignition wire? Or an actual remote turn on lead?

A remote turn on lead SHOULD turn on and off with the radio. You turn off the radio, the wire loses power...

The safe bet would be to splice it directly from the radio harness... To find it, get a hold of a digital multimeter and start testing each wire til you find one that ONLY shows +12V (Actually somewhere along the lines of 14V, but who's counting...) when the unit is turned on. When you push in the volume knob to turn off the radio, the wire will lose power.

Once you find this wire, do not think the test is over... Next, put in a CD... If the wire maintains +12V, you have found the remote turn on wire. If it loses 12V when you put in a CD, then you have found an output for remote actuation for a power antenna, or XM receiver box... Something like that...

You can use a switched ignition source, but the amp will remain powered up the entire time the ignition is turned on, regardless of wether or not you have the radio turned on.

I would get it behind the radio... If a true remote turn on signal exists anywhere in the ION, that's where it is...

·
Registered
551 Posts
You know what... I'm home all day, every day til Jan 3rd...

I'll go out tomorrow and find this wire in the radio harness for you. It only takes about 5 minutes, maybe... So I'll tell you exactly which wire to use. Or, I'll tell you that no true remote turn on lead exists, and to use a switched ignition source... One or the other! :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want the remote turn-on lead to attach to the amp so it only powers up when the radio is on
I believe I know which pin it is based on a document provided by mr.wop - pin B6 - pink - from the connector on the back of the radio.

So I was planning to splice into that wire and run it under the carpet to the back of the car where the amp will be

I pulled out the front seat, but I can't figure out how to remove the back seat

anyone know how?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i believe you found it but yes it is the pink wire as everyone has stated at the back of the radio...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts