Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the zzp S3 H/E and dual pass installed this weekend. Everything is hooked up using ZZP's option B kit. I don't think everything is running smoothly and need some educated opinions. Here's what is going on:

I only had T Fittings, so there is extra tubing at the moment; I plan on redoing this with some molded tubing later on, but it is hooked up exactly like the ZZP diagram/crate engine depot diagram.

I turn the car on, and the coolant level in the surge tank rises. It looks like air is coming from the 3/4” hose into the tank. The bleed line has coolant in it to about the same level as in the tank. I turn the car off, and the coolant goes back to where it was. Air can be seen bleeding through the bleed line. I did have to refill the tank (because it dropped below the original point) a few times, about half a gallon total. Things seem stable now – coolant rises and falls, but does not get lower than it was.

My trip to work is approx 20 miles. My IAT2 after letting the engine warm up were 120. (IAT at 80) IAT rose to 86 over the drive, IAT2 rose to 136. About 3 miles away from work, I mashed the throttle to get the IAT2 up to 150ish and then went back to cruising. IAT2 cooled to 146 but did not drop any lower.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I took it back to the Saturn dealer (when there were still Saturn dealers in my area) to have that fixed. I have not double-checked the work, so I am assuming it was done...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More like this: T joints shown in black, only showing the outs off the plate, as everything else is the same.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the hose going from the stock intercooler to the zzp has a hard bend (part of the reason I want to get some molded tubing and/or L connectors) but the kink is not that bad, I would estimate that it might be cutting the internal diameter by a bit, if any.

Do you think that this kink could be worse than my estimation? I still want to explore other possibilities at this point. If I can get it to work with this system, it should most definitely work when I re-work the plumbing to get rid of some hose and get rid of the small kink at the stock intercooler.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
Well it sounds like your pump is working. So the only other thing that could be happening would be a blockage some where.

Ideally, it is nice to eliminate all "L" and "T" connections in your cooling system. I have been thinking about hitting a junk yard and collecting as much 3/4" bent tubing I can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts