Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with modifcations on ride. breaks, wipers( can't find good ones that work period), oh and a break roder for the parking break.The ride has already hit the house and took out the wall for the garage LOL. And I'm looking for a macanic that worked for the Saturn in Pullaup on river road. Dude drove a silver Redline.... Where ja go Dude??!!! oh also, does anyone know if I can put a Colbult steering wheel on a Redline? I'm tired of hitting the cruse control and knock'n it out:blueblob:. Thanks ..Later.

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
holy. typo. and. misuse. of. words.

Need help with modifications on my ride. brakes, wipers( can't find good ones that work, period), oh, and a brake rotor for the parking brake.The ride has already hit the house and took out the wall for the garage LOL. And I'm looking for a mechanic that worked for the Saturn in Pullaup, on river road. Dude drove a silver Redline.... Where did you go Dude??!!! oh also, does anyone know if I can put a cobalt steering wheel on a Redline? I'm tired of hitting the cruise control and knocking it out:blueblob:. Thanks ..Later.
so, from what i gather, you need new brakes, rotors, and a e-brake cable?

·
Registered
211 Posts
grammar is a virtue . . .

That being said; I think it would be easier to replace the cruise control button, rather than the whole steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HW, you cool! I like your reponse. Sprinj76, But I also want to be able to control my stereo from there. And I think I ment to have bad grammar, for efect. HW, I want to beable to ues the cruse contorl still or I would just pull the fuse.. well as lone as the fuse didn't control something else as well as the cruse control..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks HW for the answer on that stering wheel. Yeah I need to get the small roder for the barking break and when my car hit my house. The shop that fixed the car. Found the cable broke. So they replaced it. I met a fellow Redline driver and he said that was the only major problem with the Redlines. And if I didn't replace the whole system with after market stuff. That I would continue Having the problem. Is that true?

·
Registered
372 Posts
not sure... i've never heard of e-brake cables snapping in these cars.
I've never heard of them snapping, but my car has had trouble with the e-brake handle. There is some slack in the handle that there should not be. The dealer fixed it once before but it's coming back slowly. And, alas, there are no more dealers... :boohoo:
That's probably not helpful to anyone, but my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
starlisa, the guy you are looking for is tristan. hes not on here very often. i or any of the other local guys could give you some help if need be, i just replaced my rotors and pads not long ago. if you want tristans # i have it, since he is a little closer to you than i am..

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
As much as I am loath to reward poor English with help, a loose parking brake handle is almost always at least one frozen rear caliper. VERY common.

I am fond of Bosch Icon low profile wiper blades.

A steering wheel from a Cobalt might fit on the column, but most likely it won't connect properly to important things like the airbag or any of the accessory buttons, although I do not know for sure either way.

And for future reference, if you can't or won't take the time to write in a manner that is easily understood, many people won't take the time to write you an intelligent resppnse.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts