Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its hard to see me race the redline all four times, b/c its dark, bu the 1st time i burnt bad, then you see the side few of our second race, then the last 2 races you see him in my side view mirror where i walked him.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The videos were very entertaining and you did come thru.Most people will agree that hemi won and a srt is faster.That does not make me dislike my RL or a troll on someones message board.People like there cars and will stand up for them too a point.Would I buy a SRT or Hemi truck now ....no I would not nor would you buy a RL.Do you want to have a foot race my tennies are stock by the way,

·
Banned
189 Posts
Chazb said:
The videos were very entertaining and you did come thru.Most people will agree that hemi won and a srt is faster.That does not make me dislike my RL or a troll on someones message board.People like there cars and will stand up for them too a point.Would I buy a SRT or Hemi truck now ....no I would not nor would you buy a RL.Do you want to have a foot race my tennies are stock by the way,
Thanks you most of u guys on here are ok its just easy to make shit up and my boy chris come threw wit the tape.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice Hemi, but the redline in the video didn't have the greatest driver. I could hear all the rev limiter smaking and wheel hop on the vid easily. I'm not saying your truck is slow, but i think everyone will agree thats not the best the Redline can do. Its still a nice vid though. It helps show all the srt-4 guys that we aren't the only ones that can't compete with sti's. The sti against the srt-4 is exactly what it looks like when the Srt-4 is matched up against the Red Line. By the way, how much hp does your truck put to the floor?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
nice vid..

I was very close to buying a Black SRT-4 2004 before I purchase my RL. Hands down SRT4 will whomp a RL if both are decent drivers. Do I dislike my RL? Only because of the lack of aftermarket support, but it's picking up. SRT-4 in a drag with the same amount of money and same degree of driver. SRT4 HANDS DOWN. PERIOD and this is coming from a RL driver. We can hang with yall, but we arent faster than yall.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
dL_RL said:
nice vid..

I was very close to buying a Black SRT-4 2004 before I purchase my RL. Hands down SRT4 will whomp a RL if both are decent drivers. Do I dislike my RL? Only because of the lack of aftermarket support, but it's picking up. SRT-4 in a drag with the same amount of money and same degree of driver. SRT4 HANDS DOWN. PERIOD and this is coming from a RL driver. We can hang with yall, but we arent faster than yall.
I'm not disagreeing, but I hate these hypothetical situations. If this, if that. Well, if grandma had balls she'd be granpa. How many situtations do you see where two cars have identical drivers. It's no fun if you look at it that way.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
What's wrong Bubba? I thought that truck was stock. :rolleyes: You just got the luck of the draw on that race. Don't get a big head over it becuase Red Lines are capable of 14's stock properly driven.

in the second race vs the sti we went from a roll and we both prob would have beat him but we both missed 2nd
Sure...haha

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
At least you came through with the proof. But again, your truck is not stock, and I would hope that after your non stock mods making over 400hp, that you would be able to at least compete with us or even beat us like you showed. I am wondering something though, not meaning to pick on you or anything, but how come you only showed the videos you won? Did you try running against the STI at all? I would have liked to see that, or did you just refuse to because you know you'd lose? I'm sure you couldn't have been 100% successful all night long, unless you only found the weaker kind of cars to run against that you'd be sure you could beat. Again, not trying to egg you on, just wondering about all you showed, because people post videos of them street racing and the car the camera is in does lose some of the times. But they're not afraid to post that.

In the first race with the RL, I noticed that the video cut away as the RL was pulling back up on you pretty fast. When the headlights started to disappear from the mirror, the video cut out pretty quick. It seemed like both of you were still running pretty hard because you could hear both engines going at it. Thought that was interesting.

I know I'm picking apart your video, but I'm sure you expected some of that, and I'm sure others noticed this too. I'll recognize you clearly beating the RLs in the other races and won't try to make up any excuses. At least you came through with the vid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well first off this is one of the worst video's I have ever seen in terms of quality, had some interesting races, and I like seeing a decently quick truck like that. But man the camera man is one of the most retarded people I have ever heard and the way you guys start races on the street is just pathetic. But the races were still pretty cool.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What was the 1/4 time of the dodge truck.I have seen tons of these trucks run at our track.The best I seen one run is mid to high 14's.I ran a 14.3 in my RL.I wish I could find a race with one of those over rated Hemi's.It is clear that redline's are not the fastest.But I would put mine up against any hemi truck.Isn't a hemi suppose to be 345HP.I would love to see a dyno on one of these.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx for all the feedback, the 1st race i put the camera down b/c we had passed the 1/4 mile marker i barely won, but i spun bad out of the whole to.
i posted all the races i had on tape, i havent lost a race yet to be honest, except the 1st on en the video where the srt-4 beat me, id be wasting my gas with the sti, and out of the guys we race, all those cars on tape are friends we all get together n just race. but to an extent i only race stuff thats resonable, plus a lot of ppl wont race me b/c they dont wana get beat by a truck. my trucks engine is putting out about 400lb ft of tq, and 380 hp, BUt to the wheels itsonly like 320 TOPs hp and 340tq. we loose a ton of power through the drivetrain. and these races were over a 2 month period, not just one night but thanx for keep the comments positive.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wheres that guy with the s/n "spooner" i want him to post, he was the one wanting to see the video the most, plus he kept saying that me n the srt-4 kid where the same ppl.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Um...so you're racing AND operating your camera? Man....I hope not....you probably won't be posting here for much longer after you lose concentration once and um...end up killing yourself? And I hope that wasn't you filming yourself and holding the video camera while going 120mph+ IN A TRUCK...get a frined in the car to do the video taping, unless you like being as unsafe as possible.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Redline 1 said:
I wish I could find a race with one of those over rated Hemi's.
No more overrated than the LS1....or is that underrated... ;)

Redline 1 said:
I would put mine up against any hemi truck.

Careful with the word "any". There are quite a few with more than a few basic bolt-ons that would put a hurting on you....and a lot of other cars for that matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What's wrong with making a truck quick? No worse than making 4 door economy cars quick... :D Double the horsepower and double the weight...

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.