Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving on the 91..and a tricked out dodge truck starts trying to get me to run..we finally do...from about 65 to 110...he gets the jump...i pull on him...only a little more than a car..i was surprised..we meet on the streets and he says its a stock 5.7 Liter hemi...he says he runs a 14.1 at the track..we race from a dig...i roast my tires through first..then end up beating my by a car and a half...the guy was real cool to talk with...after that we both played with an S2K...he got the jump on me from about 40 mph...i downshifted about a secod later...after about 5 seconds i started pulling and he backed off...

·
Registered
629 Posts
thats tight , good kill better than nothing.....

·
Registered
888 Posts
redlineRACER said:
i was driving on the 91..and a tricked out dodge truck starts trying to get me to run..we finally do...from about 65 to 110...he gets the jump...i pull on him...only a little more than a car..i was surprised..we meet on the streets and he says its a stock 5.7 Liter hemi...he says he runs a 14.1 at the track..we race from a dig...i roast my tires through first..then end up beating my by a car and a half...the guy was real cool to talk with...after that we both played with an S2K...he got the jump on me from about 40 mph...i downshifted about a secod later...after about 5 seconds i started pulling and he backed off...

14.1 stock and you put a car and a half on him from a dig? Either you got a mid 13 second redline or this guy is lying, i tend to believe that his truck can't and never will run a 14.1 stock, good kill.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i roasted my tires...and I (redline) beat him (hemi) by a car and a half from a dig...i still give props to the hemis out there (the ones with cool drivers not dick ass trolls)...bad ass trucks... :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I've read around Rumble Bee forums. They run anywhere between 15.1 and 15.8 depending on track and if there 4x4 yada yada....I don't remember the trap speed though, i think around 88 or 91....anyways from a roll we should pull on them considering a stock RL traps between 94-96mph

·
Registered
283 Posts
redlineRACER said:
yeah i roasted my tires...and I (redline) beat him (hemi) by a car and a half from a dig...i still give props to the hemis out there (the ones with cool drivers not dick ass trolls)...bad ass trucks... :D
Thanks for the fix. Then good kill with a cool driver. :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have an '04 hemi qc. If he is running anywhere in the 14 sec. range with a stock hemi I will sh!t my pants. I have only been on the track once and I ran a 15.9 and then a 16.2.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
I have an '04 hemi qc. If he is running anywhere in the 14 sec. range with a stock hemi I will sh!t my pants. I have only been on the track once and I ran a 15.9 and then a 16.2.
Sounds about right for the Quad Cab ones. What was your 60' time on the 15.9 run?

4 Wheel Drive?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would have to find me slip to be positive.. but I am pretty sure it was in the mid 3's. I think with a gear change and a locker, I can shave almost a second on the full 1/4. We'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.