Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors One Set At A Deal....

okay i have recieved my "prototype" big brake kit for testing. i am not allowed to post pics yet so dont ask i have promised i would not. i have a set of my cross drilled and slotted rotors on my car as seen in my thread about them. these have maybe 60 miles on them and are perfect condition. i am selling them now because i dont need them. i going to sell them for 209.00 for all 4, plus shipping to where ever you are will be 40$ unless canada hi alaska, or certain parts of wa. this is a one shot deal again these are brand new i just have no need for them myself now. let me know if interested. thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no they are our own, we buy blanks and have a mchine shop drill and slot then for us they balance them and make sure they are right.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
possibly i will . i have almost sold through the ones i have for the redline i started with 20 sets and am down to 4 left "new" ones, and this set. they sold so fast locally i didnt expect that. if they continue to sell i will keep them in stock. it depends i can always special order them and it doesn't take very long at all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Are those holes all the way through the rotor's? And did anyone every verify, can these be turned. I seem to have a bad habit of warping rotors in the past.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no for the redline we are not drilling all the way through the rotor due to lack of vents. if you look at your stock ones (these are not stock these are aftermarket but made the same way) only every other vent is open so on these if you srill them all the way through as i have seen some do you will end up hitting one of the vanes inside the rotor which would greatly degrade the structure of the rotor. many companies are doing this type of pattern on these now, they call it dimpling. but they are still reffered to as drilled. yes they canbe turned 100% as long as the shop takes very little off at a time and doesnt go very deep with the blade, if they do it will end up stuck in one of the slots and damage the rotor/tool. anyone who has experience turning rotors can do this just dont ever let joe schmoe at your local gas station turn this type of rotor. as i said i recieved my "big brake kit" which is the first of its kind yesterday. this is not the full kit it is a relocation kit and uses 13.5" rotors in the front and 11.5 in the rear. if all goes well with it after a month or so as long as there are no problems that need fixing i will be selling these then. but not till then. i also have as i said been asked by the company making these for me not to post any pics as of yet due to the possiblity of a patent on the new type of mount i.e. a sort of floating type mount kind of like you would see on some bikes. so sorry i cant post if anyone pm's me ill just say it now. i had these on the car and cycled them any they are awsome compared to stock. i would not be selling them off my own car if i had not got the new kit. i do have a few interested locally. if i sell themlocally i will post here to let all know. thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a deposit on these now from someone, if that falls through ill let everyone know. they said they dont get paid till tomm so i give them till the weekend to get them, if not someone else has a chance.

someone asked what i seel these new for, i am sorry i did not answer that i didnt see it. i apologize. they are 298.99 + shipping to you address. usually shipping does not go over 40$ just depends on where you are. pm me and ill give you a total. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts