Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice Vid! It seems as if it is a drivers race between our two cars. Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like the RSX gets pretty big head starts each race then the ION starts to pull back. Start evenly from like a 40 roll and see what happens ;)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yeah the rsx had the advantage every time seeing that the beeps werent even consistant.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and this is another bull situation! i blow type S doors off all the time especially in a stock form. My friend has a type S with (intake exhasut and header) i beat him by two cars from a roll (and i got in from then pulled brakes :p ) that is insult to injury ;) They only honda/acura that can run easily with us is prelude Sh with (intake exhasut and headers), or S2000 or integra GRS/type R. other than that they have to be heavily modded :cool: dont ever try it on my i have a crew of friends with hondas/acura's and they hate me and they have spent alot of money on there cars!

videos soon just gotta figure how to use the program (add music liscense plates etc)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the first race we started even but he mis-shifted, the second i had a slight jump and he didnt catch up the third he pulled after 100 mph and from a top well he just sucks
also ill beat s2k stock from a roll and all minor bolt on modded preludes and integra the rsx-s is faster than any prelude or integra stock for stock u have no idea what u are talking about lmao

·
Registered
221 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
and this is another bull situation! i blow type S doors off all the time especially in a stock form. My friend has a type S with (intake exhasut and header) i beat him by two cars from a roll (and i got in from then pulled brakes :p ) that is insult to injury ;) They only honda/acura that can run easily with us is prelude Sh with (intake exhasut and headers), or S2000 or integra GRS/type R. other than that they have to be heavily modded :cool: dont ever try it on my i have a crew of friends with hondas/acura's and they hate me and they have spent alot of money on there cars!

videos soon just gotta figure how to use the program (add music liscense plates etc)
um, the prelude sh is sllllllllooooow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i run a 14.6-14.4 with cai,...the only reason an s2k is seeing better 1/4mile times is cause they can launch better with there rwd ur friends type-s must have lost half of its compression or something cause with my cai ill hand an integra type-r its ass

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
well that respectable times a slip or vid would be nice but here is how i see it! i got no beef with ya, you are not a troll yet! but here is how i base it on!

these are the numbers on a new faster RSX type s compared to old one plus redline.

The '05 Type-S sprints to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds versus 6.3 for our '02 comparo car, and it covers the quarter-mile in 14.9 seconds at 95 mph versus 15.0 at 94.

we run quarter mile at 14.7 and 0 to 60 in 6.2 sec correct me if im wrong so if we put cold air intake exhaust and header we should be low 14's or high 13's right?

PSI FI hurry up with that 18PSI ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Venom you got a few things to learn. RSX kid, you also have a few things to learn.

The 05 RSX-S with a CAI will run 14.4 with a CAI on its BEST day, and duplicating that would be an amazing feet. You would need to lower tire pressure and have an absolutely perfect launch with perfect weather conditions. Other than that 14.7-14.8 should be the norm. Redlines will run a 14.7 stock on average. From a roll they should pull even harder than a type-s.

Bottom line you were getting the jump against a not so great driver. I've raced MANY type s RSX's of all years and all kinds of different mod combos. I was dead even with a i/rh/e/#4 RSX-S from about 15-130 mph and I got beat by a stock Redline. I raced an 05 RSX-S with I/E and pulled him 2-3 cars from 20-120, letting him get the jump.

Like I said go from a 40 roll and start at the same time, you should be seeing redline tails leaving you.

I'm not trying to bash on your car, just trying to let you know how things should be so you don't go bragging to everyone how you'll beat/run with a car faster than you.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have raced one before. Go from a 40 roll. By the time the RL hits third gear, the race is over.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Obnoxious. Raced a Type S from 80 and took him by 1-2 cars when I shut it down at 115. That's the first thing. Second, hey, it's called "Video for the internet". Compress it, shrink it, make it so it isn't 8.5 megs for a 2 minute video. Also, maybe if you put your girlfriend in your car & vice versa it'd go the opposite way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok my friend who has been driving a stick for a good time and we race our cars all of the time we know how to do 40 punches if this car is sooooooooo freakin fast why didnt it blast my door or at least keep up with me even with the jumps i had a jump on one race and that ion was 2 cars back and stayed there i will re run in the day light and sho u that the ion isnt gonna pull 2 cars on me and if it passes me its gonna be prob agter 100 mph from a 40 punch

·
Registered
45 Posts
rsxtype-s55 said:
ok my friend who has been driving a stick for a good time and we race our cars all of the time we know how to do 40 punches if this car is sooooooooo freakin fast why didnt it blast my door or at least keep up with me even with the jumps i had a jump on one race and that ion was 2 cars back and stayed there i will re run in the day light and sho u that the ion isnt gonna pull 2 cars on me and if it passes me its gonna be prob agter 100 mph from a 40 punch
Let the ION get the jump, it will put 9-10 cars on you in 2 or 3 gears.

I'm awesome at driving stick, I drove my friends Redline and I kinda sucked. It wheel hopped like crazy in first then I bumped the rev limiter going 2-3 because I was going to shift at redline, but the limiter was before the redline. Even with a few minutes behind the wheel, the kid who's car it was is still better driving it than I am, and he's been driving stick for about a week.

Point being, I still don't buy this. I still think 99% of the time the ION will pretty much walk away from an RSX-S. I have much proof to believe this. And some video of huge headstarts for the RSX-S are not going to sway my opinion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am not sayin much but I have never lost to a Rsx of any type, So I will continue to say they are not as fast as me, But they are fast and have great potential just like our cars. And also, See how fast the Rsx would be with a S-C on it, It would rape cars all day.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
cvenom2122 said:

prelude SH are slower than the base model preludes.. they weigh more, they only handle better. and rsx type s are faster than the base preludes.. not by much when they are stock but mod for mod they smoke the prelude.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts