Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to say hey! We bought my wife a black RL last week, (so she'll quit wanting to drive my car at the track! ;) ) Cool car! can't wait till they come out with more mods! Waiting to see how ya'll like the SCDyne header. Will be modding and taking her to the track soon!
It's you guys in Spring Hill Fl. fault that she wanted one. We were at [email protected] on Feb. 20 with my car when you guys were all there and she saw,she wanted.... and now she got it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
01SS05RL said:
Hey guys just wanted to say hey! We bought my wife a black RL last week, (so she'll quit wanting to drive my car at the track! ;) ) Cool car! can't wait till they come out with more mods! Waiting to see how ya'll like the SCDyne header. Will be modding and taking her to the track soon!
It's you guys in Spring Hill Fl. fault that she wanted one. We were at [email protected] on Feb. 20 with my car when you guys were all there and she saw,she wanted.... and now she got it!
Congrats........Is it an 05?
Does it have all of the updates already?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! yes, it's an 05 and I don't have the foggiest idea if it has the updates(PCM?) or not. Is this something I should ask or find out about?

·
Registered
47 Posts
CoBizzle said:
I think he may have been talkin bout the LSD???
I was talking about the ECU (whatever that is) and I know I read on this site that they had a recall. What is a LSD. Just curious

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ECU=computer,PCM,etc...
LSD= Limited Slip Differential (among other things :eek: ) =no more one wheel burnouts.
Mine def. does not have LSD. We would've waited and ordered one with the performance package(which has LSD) but, we needed a car right away. Will need to get one at some point(ASMP)=as soon as money permits.

·
Registered
47 Posts
01SS05RL said:
ECU=computer,PCM,etc...
LSD= Limited Slip Differential (among other things :eek: ) =no more one wheel burnouts.
Mine def. does not have LSD. We would've waited and ordered one with the performance package(which has LSD) but, we needed a car right away. Will need to get one at some point(ASMP)=as soon as money permits.
Thanks...I did a search and got some info on the LSD. So, did the 05 already have the ECU update, that I see people on here posting about.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i thought they all had lsd?

·
Registered
296 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
i thought they all had lsd?
Nope, wasn't even offered as an option until the last few weeks. My '05 built late last September does not have it, and Saurn didn't offer it at the time I bought.

I am going to get LSD (actually, the entire competition package... LSD, fog lamps, boost/redline gage and painted wheels) installed by the local dealer as soon as it is available. Depending on how the painted wheels look, I may opt to keep the originals for summer use, and use the painted jobs as snow tire wheels.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmichna said:
Nope, wasn't even offered as an option until the last few weeks. My '05 built late last September does not have it, and Saurn didn't offer it at the time I bought.

I am going to get LSD (actually, the entire competition package... LSD, fog lamps, boost/redline gage and painted wheels) installed by the local dealer as soon as it is available. Depending on how the painted wheels look, I may opt to keep the originals for summer use, and use the painted jobs as snow tire wheels.
They say that you can't get the other stuff installed, not sure what other stuff, I would assume the just the tach, different wiring harness or something..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sp00ner said:
They say that you can't get the other stuff installed, not sure what other stuff, I would assume the just the tach, different wiring harness or something..
Sp00ner,
I just don't know... the service manager at Saturn of Glenview told me they could install the package as a dealer add-on... but, then again, he has not gotten back to me with an ETA on when they could get the parts. Obviously, of greatest importance to me is the LSD... the fog lights would be nice (had them on my old SW2) and the idea of a boost gage/tach/shift light is also nice... the painted wheels I could do without... but maybe I'd use them for snow tires.

Once I get something more definitive I'll post back.
jmichna

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmichna said:
Sp00ner,
I just don't know... the service manager at Saturn of Glenview told me they could install the package as a dealer add-on... but, then again, he has not gotten back to me with an ETA on when they could get the parts. Obviously, of greatest importance to me is the LSD... the fog lights would be nice (had them on my old SW2) and the idea of a boost gage/tach/shift light is also nice... the painted wheels I could do without... but maybe I'd use them for snow tires.

Once I get something more definitive I'll post back.
jmichna
My guys here in Barrington said that the could install the LSD, no problem, wouldn't give me an EXACT quote, but the estimate wasn't cheap! $1400 for the LSD and 9 hours of labor. Someone here just got it installed and it was around $2500 for the whole deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts