Registered
612 Posts
damn spies...lol

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mgm1979 said:
What about a pic of the "other" thing???
I tried to get a pic of that, but it wouldn't fit in the frame.

Oh... wait.. you weren't talkin' about THAT other thing.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
TheWastedYears said:
I snuck a pic of your Supercooler:
mines gonna be better hey mat guess what with the cobra heat exchanger rocky is seeing a 18 hp increase hes at 262 to the wheels. used mikes new interceptor to gauge Hp levels mike tested his car just for accuracy and hes putting down 220 with out the CAI just like on our first dyno day. cobra heat exchanger equalls mad powa not to mention it was over 100 degrees here today rockys difference between his IAT 1 and IAT2 temps was 20 degrees and theres still someair in the system. thats outstanding. :D

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
....looks like a rotary phone to me :p

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
fullthrottle said:
mines gonna be better hey mat guess what with the cobra heat exchanger rocky is seeing a 18 hp increase hes at 262 to the wheels. used mikes new interceptor to gauge Hp levels mike tested his car just for accuracy and hes putting down 220 with out the CAI just like on our first dyno day. cobra heat exchanger equalls mad powa not to mention it was over 100 degrees here today rockys difference between his IAT 1 and IAT2 temps was 20 degrees and theres still someair in the system. thats outstanding. :D
That's good to hear man...how long did you run the engine afterwards to purge the bubbles?

Freakazoid said:
....looks like a rotary phone to me :p
Yup, true DIAL-in horsepower!!!

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
mgm1979 said:
That's good to hear man...how long did you run the engine afterwards to purge the bubbles?

Yup, true DIAL-in horsepower!!!
its going to take a couple of days to completly purge the system.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i see 2 in my picture just ones awaiting a cap and powdercoat

·
Registered
612 Posts
and i also just found this picture with mgm's catch can

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
fullthrottle said:
I said the same thing after I installed my Cobra exchanger; that it ran way stronger all the time but many didn't believe a word I kept saying over & over. Finally some numbers for those doubters :werd: I knew it worked; no way it couldn't work :shrug03:

Mike

·
Registered
612 Posts
we'll have numbers with both the cobra he and the supercooler next weekend when im down with mgm in florida, they have a dyno day set up on saturday, also i have an interceptor in my srt4 it reads about 8 hp high.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Excellent. Make sure they are using one killer fan up front to simulate real road driving conditions for the exchangers.

Mike

·
Registered
612 Posts
WE0H said:
Excellent. Make sure they are using one killer fan up front to simulate real road driving conditions for the exchangers.

Mike
.......will do!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you guys have the time, can you test just the factory Cobra exchanger all by itself with no factory (Saturn) exchanger inline? It would also be nice to get figures on that ~$158.00 Ebay duel pass exchanger since it is the next inline for affordability after the factory Cobra exchanger. I think that duel pass exchanger could run by itself and thinking the factory Cobra exchanger will not be enough by itself.

Mike

·
Registered
612 Posts
dont think thats possible we'll be pressed for time we can test it w/out dry ice though

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
wasntme said:
we'll have numbers with both the cobra he and the supercooler next weekend when im down with mgm in florida, they have a dyno day set up on saturday, also i have an interceptor in my srt4 it reads about 8 hp high.
Guess I gotta give the dyno shop a call - doubt we're gonna make it down to Miami. Wanted to do a baseline at MY shop, then come back and do the follow-up last week of the month, but we'll see.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
wasntme said:
i see 2 in my picture just ones awaiting a cap and powdercoat
Hey the one on the left is mine huh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts