Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up all!

just baught my ion redline last night, only black one in the southeastern wisconsin area, plus they had it in storage, which means nobody has been test driving it! thank the lord.

i just wanted to introduce myself, and want to say that i cant wait to get this baby broken in and see what she has!

peace,

Vita

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i got it last night and im fairly impressed so far.

i've read a lot about how it's "slow", and people complain about this and that, well i can't say that i agree with any one review. i can't seem to find anything bad about the car except that you cant really cruise in 1st gear at any speed, it's basically there to get you going. i found that keeping it in 2nd is sufficient for any type of slow driving, e.g., driving in my parking structure. i haven't opened her up yet as she's still in the break in period, but i can only imagine the speed this car is capable of!

just driving around on city streets feels great, the car has great pickup without nearly putting the pedal to the floor, again, i can only imagine the potential to get around that jackass going 5 below the speed limit in the fast lane while making an impression.

this being my daily driver, i can say that it rides comfortably if you're not speeding around town, but when i speed up here and there to keep the RPM's fluctuating, i suddenly realize i've hit 50 and have to slow down. again, i probobly haven't even pushed the gas half way down yet, so there is definitely some serious potential with this car.

i have found that the rev limiter as of now is definitely low, but that is a good thing if you ask me, there seems to be 1,500 rpm's after the current rev limiter that will be all the difference once she's broken in.

to all of you that say this car is slow, please enlighten me as to what you are comparing it to! go and test drive a scion and tell me that this car is slow. so for all the negative reviews, i have to say that i am now a proud saturn owner, and hope all the cocky race types stay away from this car, because if you ask me it is a wonderfull buy.

BTW... the center mounted IP is great, i used to find myself peeking under my steering wheel to check my speed quite often, which is no longer going to be the case. i find it less of a hassle to drop my view for a split second to check my speed than to have to move my arm and drop my head just to do the same.

well, for all you debating on this car and, say, an SRT-4, i have no doubt that the SRT is faster, but i like the understated appearance of this car, so if you like the more "radical" look, go with the SRT, if you want a more practical looking car, with a HUGE trunk by the way, then get this saturn, you will NOT be dissapointed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey is the battery still in the trunk in the RL like in the QC (check spare wheel well). If so it's super easy to put an aftermarket sound system in.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure is, never though of that!

might just have to convince the wife to let me put in some bumps!

although, the stock sound system isn't bad at all, decent highs and lows. First thing i did is make myself a MP3 cd to jam out to during rush hour

1 - 5 of 5 Posts