Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got an 05 Ion Redline a few weeks ago and installed my Bi-Xenon HID kit from my last car (with new bulbs and wiring harness)

It's a "Flashtech" kit and the first problem we solved was swapping the pin-out from the harness to the factory bulb adaptor. (Initially I had high beams locked on all the time)

Now that my low and high beams are working correctly, I still have an issue that the factory fog lights will not come on if the headlights are on.
If the headlights are off, then the fogs work just fine.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I could do please?

Thank-you Kindly.
Matt.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
perhaps u miswired it? maybe when u turn ur lights on, ur car thinks the high beams are on, which would make the fogs turn off
Truth!
I'm going to be that the OP simply tied the high and low beams together, to keep the ballast on. In which case, the high beams are back feeding into the BCM, and causing the fogs to shut off.

Solution?
Read up on diodes.
Put one in line with the high beam signal.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
the headlights run on a switched ground system. with means there is always 12v at the bulb. when you flip the switch a ground is created. I had you tap off the side markers to get my fogs to work. I'm not sure too much about HIDs or Hi and low beams. but the on off issue you are having could be this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thank-you for replying so quickly.
I'll pass this information on to the company I purchased the HIDs from.

He can advise what might work with his specific kit.

I appreciate the help.
Matt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hid on high all the time

Hi,

I just got an 05 Ion Redline a few weeks ago and installed my Bi-Xenon HID kit from my last car (with new bulbs and wiring harness)

It's a "Flashtech" kit and the first problem we solved was swapping the pin-out from the harness to the factory bulb adaptor. (Initially I had high beams locked on all the time)

Now that my low and high beams are working correctly, I still have an issue that the factory fog lights will not come on if the headlights are on.
If the headlights are off, then the fogs work just fine.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I could do please?

Thank-you Kindly.
Matt.
hey what did you do to take off the high beam on all the time from the headlights? i have them on high beam all the time. idk how to fix that. can you describe to me how to fix it? plz...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts