Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me a HID Conversion kit and figured I'd share with everyone. Ran into a small problem when installing. That's the main reason why I started this thread.

Facts
1. All 3 wires (when lights are off) are hot. Red, Orange and Blue.
2. Orange is your constant hot.
3. When using low beams use Orange as positive and blue as negative.
4. When using High beams use Orange as positive and red as negative.

Although many HID Conversion Kits don't have High beams you get the picture. A few quick pictures were taken at work just to show off a bit.

Hope this is helpful to some!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
so this kit actually required wiring? most come with ballasts and the like, dont they? i guess they come either way.....is there much of a difference?

looks real good tho man.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xtremesc2 said:
so this kit actually required wiring? most come with ballasts and the like, dont they? i guess they come either way.....is there much of a difference?

looks real good tho man.
They hooked right up into the factory wiring. Really no tools needed (only to secure the ballasts). They did come with ballasts and hid controllers.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
mine took some wiring to make work correctly. Not much a simple relay 3 wires but still had to be done.

cant belive after seeing pics of mine you got them so fast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xtremesc2: It was plug and play. No wiring to splice at all.

Goofyguy: Had to do it. Always wanted HID's. Now all I have to do is figure out how to manage Hi/Lo Beams. Thanks for ur help though.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
where'd you get it?

i bought my old set from ebay, and they were nice but could have been nicer....probly with a higher K output.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
high low beams are gonna be expensive unless a headlight conversion come along where we have seperate low and high beam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
goofyguy said:
high low beams are gonna be expensive unless a headlight conversion come along where we have seperate low and high beam.
The only HI/Lo beam that I have seen is a mechanical HID Bulb housing that will move the bulb into a position that will expose more of the bulb into the reflective housing. I'm going to figure out how much that costs tomorrow.

xtremesc2 said:
where'd you get it?

i bought my old set from ebay, and they were nice but could have been nicer....probly with a higher K output.
I purchased them on ebay for 260 including shipping. They are JDM Ballasts with Phillips bulbs. I believe the bulbs are 8300k

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah, 8000 (bright blue) is what i wanna get, i think it looks sweet.

my old ones were 5300 (bright white).....not bad, but just not different enough for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts