Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 redline and I tried installing my HIDs. There is a red and a black wire coming from the balast, and a black and brown wire coming from the light itself. The connector only has 3 slots for wires, a left middle and right.

I put the red and brown in the left one, the black from the balast in the middle and the black from the light in the right one.

This worked perfectly for the first light i did (both normal and brights with the other light still stock), now when i hook the other one up exactly the same way the newer one doesnt turn on at all and the first one i did turns to what looks like the normal brights are on but dimmer.

Kit is an AutoVizion Bi-Xenon 9007 8000k

Any help or comments would really help, im thinking its a bad balast with the second light i tried...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Check the grounds. Then test the ballasts by swapping each side. If the opposite bulb does that after its switched, you probably need a replacement ballast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vyper, I switched the balasts and nothin worked. Im gonna go pick up a new balast tommorrow and ill see what happens.

Is there a reason I have 4 wires and only enough spots for 3 of them? The set itself didnt come with any diagrams so im a little confused on that part.

I can post some pictures too if thatd help just tell me of what

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link / Pics

2011-07-30_12-47-03_556.jpg
2011-07-30_12-47-17_310.jpg
2011-07-30_12-48-30_253.jpg
This is where there is 4 wires and only 3 slots, so i put the red/brown one in the same one.
2011-07-30_12-52-44_155.jpg
With both of the lights hooked up the same way only the passenger side turns on and the driver side will flicker for awhile and then eventually stop and shut off...OR...the driver side will randomly come on and the passenger side wont come on or even flicker at all.

Heres a Link to the set, I didnt order it online, picked them up from a friend at a local shop.

Amazon.com: AutoVizion Premium Slim HID Kit 9007 (HB5)8000k (Sky Blue) single beam 2yr Warranty: Automotive

Any ideas you guys got would be awesome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need moar power?

So I got new balasts and new lights, I now have a set of 10000k Single Beams, Simple Plug and Play. Plug it all in, the only way it can be hooked up and nothing happens.

I plug the bulbs in to my friends to make sure its not those, and they work in his.

I take his balasts and put them in my car and they still dont work.

I was wondering if there could be a problem where the lights themselves are not getting enough power, I do have a butt-load of stuff running on the battery.

Wondering if anyone has heard of any problems similar to this one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
566 Posts
So I got new balasts and new lights, I now have a set of 10000k Single Beams, Simple Plug and Play. Plug it all in, the only way it can be hooked up and nothing happens.

I plug the bulbs in to my friends to make sure its not those, and they work in his.

I take his balasts and put them in my car and they still dont work.

I was wondering if there could be a problem where the lights themselves are not getting enough power, I do have a butt-load of stuff running on the battery.

Wondering if anyone has heard of any problems similar to this one.

Thanks!
Well for the BI xenon I believe the red/brown are power and the two blacks are grounds so hook the red to low and the brown to the highs and the 2 blacks to ground then you should be good to go.

and for the single ones i believe you have the wire hooked up the high beam slot i havent looked at mine lately to remember which one was low beam but just try different slots and you will get it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well for the BI xenon I believe the red/brown are power and the two blacks are grounds so hook the red to low and the brown to the highs and the 2 blacks to ground then you should be good to go.
^^
what he said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts