Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HID headlights. with Vid

well the title says it. I got the kit for 150 shipped off ebay. Silly woman had no idea what she was giving up.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Those are hella bright lights....lol, deer blinding lights to be exact. They are nice though, real nice.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the street I havent had anyone flash me yet. And they are Frigin nutz on the road well worth the money. Now I need a set for my bike.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LiteGlow 8000k diamond white. I love them too much I keep wanting to just go out and turn them on.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
hehehe, try doing some morase code (spelling?) into the sky or into someones house. now, go blind some of those dumb drivers who don't align their lights properly...lol. As I stated before, they look real nice.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im amazed on how bright the road and all the signs are now. I originally thought they would be bright I have had 100w bulbs in other cars before and they were bright. But these are like BAM HERE YOUR SUCKA and everything in front of me is WHITE. No longer need/want fog lamps

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
The vid ain't working for me, but from the pics, I'd say if your driving at like dusk behind someone and turned them on, it'd be a bit of a shock to them.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oops my bad try again. they fire up QUICK and they shut off just as fast nothing like a hologen where they will glow. Nope once they are off they are gone. And the vid ends 2 secs after they are turned off so you know when you watch.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Wow, they go from like mini focused sun bright to black...lol...cool.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
goofy were these from a person or a company at 150 you got a bargin they cost me more as a liteglow dealer. if they were from a company on ebay i would love a set let me know it would be cheaper for me to buy them from them. then getting them from lightglow thanks

if i dont get these im putting the meccatunes in the gold series they are awsome but more expensive

·
Registered
190 Posts
goofyguy said:
On the street I havent had anyone flash me yet. And they are Frigin nutz on the road well worth the money. Now I need a set for my bike.
Oh, just wait! There are all kinds of people out there that just love to be the in-town vigilante(sp) and they be sure to let you know that they disapprove of your lights. I remember the very first time someone flashed their brights at me in town I took it very personnal and swerved(sp, again) at them. Since then it only got worse. Just give it some time and people will be flashing you all the time. It's really quite annoying.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
first I adjusted the headlights. From head on they are no worse then stock. My headlights from the factory were adjusted way off as I assume most of yours were too. Second she bought them for a minivan and sold the van before she installed them. So instead of returning she Ebays and I stole.. Last you are all in for a surprise when you install a set. All I need to say is have fun your going to enjoy the surprise in store for you.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Justin said:
Oh, just wait! There are all kinds of people out there that just love to be the in-town vigilante(sp) and they be sure to let you know that they disapprove of your lights. I remember the very first time someone flashed their brights at me in town I took it very personnal and swerved(sp, again) at them. Since then it only got worse. Just give it some time and people will be flashing you all the time. It's really quite annoying.
You know, people are doing that because your lights ARE BLINDING THEM! That's not being a vigilante, that's being pissed off 'cause some jerk threw mini-suns into his car, and didn't bother to aim them right. There's a reason that you don't get blinded by the OEM ones, someone aims them right. Ever think of that one? If it wasn't bothering people, they wouldn't think your brights were blasting them in the eyes. Nothing like driving 60mph, and suddenly being unable to see in front of you cause of someone's poor install job...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You know, people are doing that because your lights ARE BLINDING THEM! That's not being a vigilante, that's being pissed off 'cause some jerk threw mini-suns into his car, and didn't bother to aim them right. There's a reason that you don't get blinded by the OEM ones, someone aims them right. Ever think of that one? If it wasn't bothering people, they wouldn't think your brights were blasting them in the eyes. Nothing like driving 60mph, and suddenly being unable to see in front of you cause of someone's poor install job...
Whoa! Slow down for a minute. There's no reason to start hatin' on me! It WILL happen! I have mine adjusted quite low really. It doesn't matter. They are still very bright and people will get pissed. Wow, dude. I'm on your side...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Justin said:
Whoa! Slow down for a minute. There's no reason to start hatin' on me! It WILL happen! I have mine adjusted quite low really. It doesn't matter. They are still very bright and people will get pissed. Wow, dude. I'm on your side...
Sorry, didn't mean to come across so angry... lots of people seem to be confused about the reasons people don't like oncoming traffic to have HIDs. It has very little to do with vigilantes. I turn on my brights whenever anyone is blasting lights in my face, very rarely do I realize that they're HIDs, IF I realize. So it's not that I'm hatin on people with them, I wouldn't care if they were stock lights aimed in my face. If you have lights that don't bother people, that's good, but if people are bothered and partly blinded due to your lights, it's just rude and dangerous. I've had trucks that totally eliminated my ability to see in the dark for like an entire minute. I live on a road FULL of deer crossings, so you have to understand my anger when people endanger me just so they can have pretty lights.

·
Registered
266 Posts
those make me silverstars look stupid...actually i thought the silverstars were a waste of money regardless, but still....i like the color of them but i DO think that they are too bright..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts